NIT Strips Autobids

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NIT Strips Autobids

Postby mvfcfan » November 1st, 2023, 2:59 pm

PretzelDawg wrote:I would love to see schools outside the Power 6 start their own tournament for teams that don't make the NCAA Tourney. Hold it in Vegas and bring whatever number of teams suits you. Make it 16, 32, 48, 64. Whatever seems to work. Play every other night until you get beat. Fans could have a good time out in the desert for about 10 days of running the tournament. It might not make any money, but it sure would be more fun for the teams and fans who went.

I for sure would attend.

Wouldn't that basically be the same thing as the CBI?
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » November 1st, 2023, 9:55 pm

PretzelDawg wrote:I would love to see schools outside the Power 6 start their own tournament for teams that don't make the NCAA Tourney. Hold it in Vegas and bring whatever number of teams suits you. Make it 16, 32, 48, 64. Whatever seems to work. Play every other night until you get beat. Fans could have a good time out in the desert for about 10 days of running the tournament. It might not make any money, but it sure would be more fun for the teams and fans who went.

I for sure would attend.

No one is going to run an event that is a for sure money loser.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » November 2nd, 2023, 7:39 am

tribecalledquest wrote:

I for sure would attend.

And herein lies the problem with any mid major event anyone can try to put together. Where does the cash come from and what company thinks its worth their time and money to put their name on it.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » November 2nd, 2023, 10:00 am

BCPanther wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

I for sure would attend.

And herein lies the problem with any mid major event anyone can try to put together. Where does the cash come from and what company thinks its worth their time and money to put their name on it.

For example - if you run a 16 team, single elimination event you are going to pay over $100,000 for referees alone.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball