Dying Message Boards

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Dying Message Boards

Postby Red » November 16th, 2023, 10:57 am

bleach wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:
jsaluki080 wrote:Disclaimer: Ill-thought- out tipsy post ahead

Why does this board seem so much less active? Are message boards in general less active cause younger ppl steer towards alt social media thingy or is it that the MVC hasn't been as good in recent years or something else?

Can't speak for anybody else, but I don't post much on here, because there's almost no discussion about the games themselves. More posts on people predicting the games vs actually discussing the games.

Back in the Valleytalk days, it felt a lot more like family. A very strange, dysfunctional family, but family nonetheless.

I started in about 2002 and it was THE way to follow the games. Loved when someone would post virtually play by play of another game. Nowadays there just isn't any need for that with every game televised. I do wish there was more game talk too.

The big hitters in the league like CU and WSU have moved along and so did many of their posters. That's just the truth whether you like it or not. I have kids and they wouldn't even know what a message board was, so age is probably factor as well.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheDrake » November 16th, 2023, 11:21 am

DUBulldog wrote:
jsaluki080 wrote:Disclaimer: Ill-thought- out tipsy post ahead

Why does this board seem so much less active? Are message boards in general less active cause younger ppl steer towards alt social media thingy or is it that the MVC hasn't been as good in recent years or something else?

Can't speak for anybody else, but I don't post much on here, because there's almost no discussion about the games themselves. More posts on people predicting the games vs actually discussing the games.

Back in the Valleytalk days, it felt a lot more like family. A very strange, dysfunctional family, but family nonetheless.

I also noticed a big drop in game discussion when people started posting the score prediction threads.
TheDrake
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mvfcfan » November 16th, 2023, 12:38 pm

Not going to lie. I just don't have the time or energy to follow the rest of the conference like I used to. I'm a diehard of my school, but with conference realignment being the way it is now, it's hard to get too overly invested with other schools besides my own. Transfer portal is almost impossible for me to follow too. Once MVC action gets rolling full steam ahead in late December / early January I'll start to figure out what cards the rest of the league is playing with and invest more time into it, but January and February are only two months out of the entire year. That leaves 10 months where my interest in MVC Basketball as a whole is pretty low.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball