Salukis win by 41.

Saint Louis 60
Southern Illinois 101
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: MVC Games Week 4 2023-24

Postby quatros_saluki » December 2nd, 2023, 4:51 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:All that to the side, today should be an exciting day for MVC basketball. While I hate the early season conference games, still there will be some interesting matchups today . UNI at UE both trying to avoid 0-2. Bradley having to do similar playing a really good Indiana St team in Peoria . Clash of unbeatens in Murray St and Illinois St and MO State at Drake. Belmont in good position to start 2-0 , but maybe Valpo surprises. And do SIU and UIC only play 1 early game and if so why.

They play their 2nd "early" game against each other on dec 30th. I'd assume the reason is because SIU and SLU had their game penciled in for today.
quatros_saluki
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby hot nuts » December 2nd, 2023, 5:42 pm

I love fans' nature reactions. Great win by the Salukis, hard to explain after their first conference game. St Louis is no slouch. After two games the Sycamores have shown the best, but I'm not ready to crown them yet. I think we all knew they were going to be a contender, they may very well win the conference. I know I picked Northern Iowa at the top this year and Evansville right near the bottom, like most others... shows you how smart I am.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiWorld » December 2nd, 2023, 5:44 pm

hot nuts wrote:St Louis is no slouch.

SIU deserves credit for winning by 41 of course but Saint Louis is down to 222 in KenPom, they are a bad team missing their best player with a coach that should be fired before they get back home tonight.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » December 2nd, 2023, 7:38 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Robbie Avila is the best player in the league. Can't convince me otherwise.

Xavier Johnson may want to have a word with you on that lol. Still early though.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby GR4 » December 3rd, 2023, 5:45 pm

hot nuts wrote:I love fans' nature reactions. Great win by the Salukis, hard to explain after their first conference game. St Louis is no slouch. After two games the Sycamores have shown the best, but I'm not ready to crown them yet. I think we all knew they were going to be a contender, they may very well win the conference. I know I picked Northern Iowa at the top this year and Evansville right near the bottom, like most others... shows you how smart I am.

Indiana St looks the best early. Belmont is better than expected. Drake may be good, lets see if they hammer SLU. Thought UNI would be very tough with Heise back but Duax & Born seem to have regressed. Still think Evansville will be bottom 4.
GR4
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby municup14 » December 4th, 2023, 5:02 am

I think the margin of In.St.win over SIU was a fluke.Im wondering how the trees will hold up fatigue wise as we get deeper in conference play ,don't they normally play 6 or 7 players. I'm still baffled on UNI,lose by 20 at home,then lose in OT at Evansville I was at the game and I thought UNI was the better team.As far as UE being a bottom 4 team only time will tell.I believe we can finish at 500 or 1 game under.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bulldog4life24 » December 4th, 2023, 9:07 am

municup14 wrote:I think the margin of In.St.win over SIU was a fluke.Im wondering how the trees will hold up fatigue wise as we get deeper in conference play ,don't they normally play 6 or 7 players. I'm still baffled on UNI,lose by 20 at home,then lose in OT at Evansville I was at the game and I thought UNI was the better team.As far as UE being a bottom 4 team only time will tell.I believe we can finish at 500 or 1 game under.

First time I’ve really watched Evansville and I was really impressed with how well connected Ragland has the Aces. Most of your guys seems to have figured out their role and play pretty well together. Agree there’s a ceiling, but certainly a lot to be excited about there.
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » December 4th, 2023, 9:18 am

municup14 wrote:I think the margin of In.St.win over SIU was a fluke.Im wondering how the trees will hold up fatigue wise as we get deeper in conference play ,don't they normally play 6 or 7 players. I'm still baffled on UNI,lose by 20 at home,then lose in OT at Evansville I was at the game and I thought UNI was the better team.As far as UE being a bottom 4 team only time will tell.I believe we can finish at 500 or 1 game under.

You're missing that UNI is the softest team on earth right now and that starts with the guy at the top. He's not the same guy anymore.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball