MVC Games Week 5 2023-24

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 5 2023-24

Postby Chuck A » December 9th, 2023, 11:01 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
racernation wrote:The Racers have lost 5 out of their last 6 games and continue to look solidly at 11th.

They have some talent don’t they?

Not of the quality that they are used to and what we've seen pre-MVC.
UIC Flames
MVC Member Since 2022
Chuck A
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jsaluki080 » December 9th, 2023, 11:49 pm

Good statement win, Drake.
Good job MSU and Belmont (Do Belmont fans exist, though?)

Overall, not the best night, but still got a few OoC wins. :)
jsaluki080
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BuBrave2006 » December 11th, 2023, 7:19 am

jsaluki080 wrote:Good statement win, Drake.
Good job MSU and Belmont (Do Belmont fans exist, though?)

Overall, not the best night, but still got a few OoC wins. :)

Belmont fans do exist, you just have to look in the right places to find them. Watch the replay of the Lipscomb game, the student section was insane. But they just seem to not show up for other games. They'll be insane again for the Murray State game since thats a big rivalry but that'll be about it.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » December 11th, 2023, 3:48 pm

https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/11/i ... folk-state

Some follow-up on the Illinois State / Norfolk State situation.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby tribecalledquest » December 11th, 2023, 3:55 pm

unipanther99 wrote:https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/11/illinois-state-apologizes-fan-racial-slur-norfolk-state

To me the solution is simple - fans, shut up and don't talk s*** to players. Racist comments, nonracist comments - just stop. If you are going to sit in the front row of a sporting event act like a damn grown adult.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » December 12th, 2023, 9:33 pm

I do not like/listen to Dakich -- but Dakich's son is an assistant at ISU and might have inside information.

Dakich revealed two things today that I haven't seen anywhere publicly. The first was the ISU player who was right there didn't hear anything. The second was someone who was sitting 3 feet away (he dropped the name of the person) claims it was only banter and nothing racial entered the conversation.
Last edited by MissouriValleyUnite on December 12th, 2023, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » December 12th, 2023, 9:35 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
unipanther99 wrote:https://www.si.com/college/2023/12/11/illinois-state-apologizes-fan-racial-slur-norfolk-state

To me the solution is simple - fans, shut up and don't talk s*** to players. Racist comments, nonracist comments - just stop. If you are going to sit in the front row of a sporting event act like a damn grown adult.

100%. Sports fans act so ridiculously entitled.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » December 13th, 2023, 8:24 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:I do not like/listen to Dakich -- but Dakich's son is an assistant at ISU and might have inside information.

Dakich revealed two things today that I haven't seen anywhere publicly. The first was the ISU player who was right there didn't hear anything. The second was someone who was sitting 3 feet away (he dropped the name of the person) claims it was only banter and nothing racial entered the conversation.

IMO fans have no business chirping directly at college players, period. Whether racial or not. You're there to support your team. General boos, etc. are obviously fine. But when you seek to have an unwanted personal conversation with a game participant, you are elevating yourself to something you are not.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Bulldog4life24 » December 13th, 2023, 8:48 am

unipanther99 wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:I do not like/listen to Dakich -- but Dakich's son is an assistant at ISU and might have inside information.

IMO fans have no business chirping directly at college players, period. Whether racial or not. You're there to support your team. General boos, etc. are obviously fine. But when you seek to have an unwanted personal conversation with a game participant, you are elevating yourself to something you are not.

+1.

I’m inclined to believe the multiple players saying they heard something over the fan who has a vested interest in this going away for his friend. If you don’t want this to even appear to happen, don’t chirp at players.
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Adunk33 » December 13th, 2023, 12:56 pm

unipanther99 wrote:

Waiting for the results of the investigation but should offer context that the player was working the crowd the whole game. This started with the fan saying he flopped all game. Player talked back saying something to the effect of "nah, he fouled me" and calmly walked away. It was too loud to hear anything so someone would've had to tell the coach what the player allegedly heard. With how demonstrative the player was all game, one would've expected that had he heard something egregious, there would've been more reaction.

I 100% condemn the fan if something was said and hope he's never allowed back. But again, we'll see if anything comes out of this investigation. Regardless of the outcome, the court of public opinion has already made up its mind and won't be told otherwise if nothing is found.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball