Predict the MVC standings + records

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Predict the MVC standings + records

Postby TylerDurden » January 3rd, 2024, 3:48 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:They have the best field goal efficiency in the country and Tom Izzo said they were as good as any team Michigan St has played.

Tom Izzo says nice things about most of his opponents. I do like Indiana State...but Drakey's point is valid. They don't have any notable wins.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jsaluki080 » January 3rd, 2024, 8:48 pm

1. ISUb 16-4
2. Drake 16-4
3. MSU 13-7
4. SIU 12-8
5. Northern Iowa 11-9
6. Bradley 11-9
7. Belmont 10-10
8. ISUr 8-12
9. Murray 8-12
10. UIC 7-13
11. Evansville 5-15
12. Valparaiso 3-17
jsaluki080
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » January 3rd, 2024, 9:03 pm

I realize Valpo was without its leading scorer tonight - but I will take the under on three wins for them.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » January 4th, 2024, 10:07 am

tribecalledquest wrote:I realize Valpo was without its leading scorer tonight - but I will take the under on three wins for them.

Where does Valpo find a league win? They're winless on the road (0-5), so if you assume that holds it leaves a home game, though they have home losses to IUPUI and Chicago State.

Remaining league home games:
SIU - 1/10
UIC - 1/20
MSU - 1/27
Evansville 2/3
Belmont - 2/10
UNI - 2/14
Indiana State - 2/21
Illinois State - 3/3

They're probably going to be an underdog in every game they have remaining.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » January 4th, 2024, 10:29 am

TylerDurden wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:I realize Valpo was without its leading scorer tonight - but I will take the under on three wins for them.

Where does Valpo find a league win? They're winless on the road (0-5), so if you assume that holds it leaves a home game, though they have home losses to IUPUI and Chicago State.

Remaining league home games:
SIU - 1/10
UIC - 1/20
MSU - 1/27
Evansville 2/3
Belmont - 2/10
UNI - 2/14
Indiana State - 2/21
Illinois State - 3/3

They're probably going to be an underdog in every game they have remaining.

They're noticeably worse than Evansville was last year. At least that Evansville team had Strawbridge and a couple of guys that could kind of put the ball in the bucket.

I don't even think Valpo plays very hard.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 4th, 2024, 12:51 pm

BCPanther wrote:I don't even think Valpo plays very hard.

This too. The broadcast was playing the "inexperienced" card (I know they had to say something nice) but it's not like they were undertalented dudes grinding it out. Bradley could have scored 100 and they aren't even good offensively. The amount of half assed shots was astounding.

DeAvario could help an MVC team as a backup PG. That's the only guy I saw last night who I thought could play for a higher level league team.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GR4 » January 4th, 2024, 8:13 pm

Drakey wrote:Why has everybody has decided that Indiana State is the best team in the Valley. They may be, but what is their best non-conference win? By 2 points over 7-6 Toledo? (NET 144) Other teams have better wins including Drake's 19 point win over 12-1 Nevada. (NET 34) I'm not saying they are not going to win the Valley, but I find it odd that EVERYBODY thinks they will, and that it won't even be close.

Should be close between Trees & Bulldogs. Bulldogs defense is improving but still not close to the last couple of years. that SFA loss was ugly. Drake should beat Belmont and set up the big test against the Trees next week. There will be some ugly upsets in conference play this season.
GR4
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby BCPanther » January 5th, 2024, 8:35 am

We'll know a lot about Indiana State in the next week. They've got the swing through Iowa and that's not exactly fun for anybody...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GR4 » January 7th, 2024, 3:59 pm

Belmont destroyed Drake. Ugly game for the Bulldogs. Need to bounce back quickly. Add Belmont to the contender list.
GR4
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby bradley_townie » January 7th, 2024, 4:34 pm

BCPanther wrote:We'll know a lot about Indiana State in the next week. They've got the swing through Iowa and that's not exactly fun for anybody...

Genuinely curious, does Indiana State just stay in Iowa since it was a Sunday afternoon game or do they bus back to Terra Haute and then turn around and drive back to Des Moines on Tuesday?
bradley_townie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball