Is The Missouri Valley A 2-Bid League?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

If Indiana State loses at Arch Madness, is the Missouri Valley a 2-bid league?

Poll ended at March 16th, 2024, 6:33 pm

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes : 57

Re: Is The Missouri Valley A 2-Bid League?

Postby squirrel » February 4th, 2024, 3:41 pm

Indiana St just made it through their toughest stretch of games unscathed-only really challenged by Bradley and Belmont. Their toughest remaining games are @ Missouri St, @ SIU and home vs. Murray. I don't see them not continuing to roll.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Birdfan2018 » February 4th, 2024, 3:57 pm

squirrel wrote:Indiana St just made it through their toughest stretch of games unscathed-only really challenged by Bradley and Belmont. Their toughest remaining games are @ Missouri St, @ SIU and home vs. Murray. I don't see them not continuing to roll.

Hoping they finish 19-1 and lose Sunday to Bradley or Drake.
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » February 4th, 2024, 5:49 pm

squirrel wrote:Indiana St just made it through their toughest stretch of games unscathed-only really challenged by Bradley and Belmont. Their toughest remaining games are @ Missouri St, @ SIU and home vs. Murray. I don't see them not continuing to roll.

Drake didn't challenge them? It was a tie game with 1:08 left.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TylerDurden » February 4th, 2024, 8:38 pm

Based off of the games between Drake and Indiana State, I'd actually favor Drake on a neutral court and have Indiana State about a 2.5 point favorite over Bradley.

This is all good news because I don't see Indiana State losing any of their remaining games and, if things hold as they are, should avoid both Drake and Bradley until the Arch Madness final.

In that hypothetical with the Trees as runner-up in STL is the best-case scenario for two bids.

Quick bubble glance:
    -AAC only has two top-50 NET teams (FAU/SMU and SMU is no lock)
    -ACC has Duke and UNC and a bunch of meh. 4-ish bids
    -A10 is in a similar-but-worse spot than the MVC. Dayton is probably a lock, after that...
    -Big 12 is going to eat up a ton of bids - something in the 9-10 range is my guess. We all should hope UCF is below .500
    -Big East - three locks and probably three more bubble dwellers. We should hope Xavier and Nova are below .500 (also for Butler and St. John's to tank, too)
    -B1G has four locks and Nebraska and Northwestern have marquee wins
    -The MWC is going to eat up a ton of bids - how many? At least five and a shot at 6.
    -Pac 12 sucks, but they're in line for 4-5.
    -SEC looking like 7-8, though a team like Florida has only shown it can lose Q1 games and they have a couple who might not end up .500

It's going to be tough, but Indiana State's computer numbers should be hard to ignore if they lose in the final.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jackwagon » February 5th, 2024, 9:52 am

Indiana State will lose at Missouri State and maybe at SIU. Still going to take the regular season title. They will be on the bubble come arch madness and will need to win it
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Buxcies » February 5th, 2024, 2:22 pm

CBS Bracketology currently has Indiana State as a 10 Seed with the last 4 in being 11 and 12 seeds. If they can get a little more breathing room they should be able to feel a bit more comfortable about their at-large hopes.
Buxcies
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby squirrel » February 5th, 2024, 3:06 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

Drake didn't challenge them? It was a tie game with 1:08 left.

Goofup on my part. Meant Drake not Belmont.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ColonialBulldog » February 7th, 2024, 8:42 am

The latest bracketmatrix has the Sycamores 6 spots away from being out, or 2 spots above the first-four. Obviously they're in there as the auto-bid, but as of today would still be comfortably in with a loss at Arch Madness.

Not a lot of chances for big bumps in the profile until St. Louis, but if they keep winning they should stay steady around their current position.
ColonialBulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 7th, 2024, 9:55 am

ESPN Bubble Watch (not the one with Lunardi) also shifted Indiana State from the “Work Left To Do” group to the “Should Be In” group. The next step is Lock, but that will probably take 3-4 more weeks.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » February 7th, 2024, 11:19 am

I would imagine if the Sycamores go into Arch Madness at 19-1 then they will be a lock. Getting into the top 25 officially will probably help get them some attention too (not saying that will get them in the tournament necessarily).
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball