MVC Games Week 16 2023-24

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 16 2023-24

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 21st, 2024, 2:59 pm

Adunk33 wrote:ILST-UNI Wednesday night should be fun. Johnny Kinzinger vs Bowen Born. Battle of two of the best freshmen point guards in the league.

One of these players will absolutely terrorize this league for the next four years and the other is Johnny Kinzinger
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » February 21st, 2024, 3:06 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
Adunk33 wrote:ILST-UNI Wednesday night should be fun. Johnny Kinzinger vs Bowen Born. Battle of two of the best freshmen point guards in the league.

One of these players will absolutely terrorize this league for the next four years and the other is Johnny Kinzinger

Just y'all wait. Bowen's little brother, Redek, shows up at UNI next year as a 4 for 5. A solid decade of Borns at UNI.

To be fair, Redek is a very good player but he's not Bowen.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » February 21st, 2024, 4:22 pm

TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » February 21st, 2024, 5:30 pm

BCPanther wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:

Just y'all wait. Bowen's little brother, Redek, shows up at UNI next year as a 4 for 5. A solid decade of Borns at UNI.

To be fair, Redek is a very good player but he's not Bowen.

And being fair although there is a long way to go, I don't think Bowen is Johnny Kinziger. That kid is a pg, Bowen isn't.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » February 21st, 2024, 6:57 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
And being fair although there is a long way to go, I don't think Bowen is Johnny Kinziger. That kid is a pg, Bowen isn't.

I didn't realize until I looked last week but Bowen Born never passes the damn ball. His assist numbers are embarrassing.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » February 21st, 2024, 8:35 pm

What is happening in Springfield?

How many years does Ford have remaining on his contract?

Edit: 86-62 Bradley wins in Springfield. :o
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 21st, 2024, 8:58 pm

TylerDurden wrote:What is happening in Springfield?

That second half defensive effort by the Bears was one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Sure Duke Deen got in a “Duke Deen Zone” but still. Zero resistance.

Deen set a Bradley and Great Southern Bank Arena record with nine made threes.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Dawgbit » February 21st, 2024, 9:04 pm

Congrats to Murray State players for NOT starting a fight in the handshake line tonight.
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » February 21st, 2024, 9:22 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
TylerDurden wrote:What is happening in Springfield?

That second half defensive effort by the Bears was one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time. Sure Duke Deen got in a “Duke Deen Zone” but still. Zero resistance.

Deen set a Bradley and Great Southern Bank Arena record with nine made threes.

It became clear a couple games ago, a few players have moved into cruise control . Donovan Clay's been terrible on both ends , and defensively other than Mayo who's been hurt alot, our guards aren't much bothered with defense. Ford only has a year left and his buyout in May is extremely doable . But as I noted in another thread, the timing of President's Smart leaving could put a crimp in decision making about Ford. Does Smart make the move on his way out, or if not, it's probably too late in June to be making that move and and having to recruit a full roster as well. Smart has done alot of good things, but his indifference to holding Moats accountable for the failings of the MBB program will be a stain on his record. Those two have eroded a fan base that was traditionally just behind Bradley and about equal with SIU for a couple decades , in just over 10 years with poor decisions and being tone death to the input of the fan base. Now, not that many care.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » February 21st, 2024, 9:26 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:

I didn't realize until I looked last week but Bowen Born never passes the damn ball. His assist numbers are embarrassing.

I think Bowen is a talented scorer, but basically is an undersized shooting guard who can't defend either position well. I thought the other night UNI looked so much more fluid on offense when their freshman pg was playing.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball