Arch Madness Day 1

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch Madness Day 1

Postby TylerDurden » March 7th, 2024, 11:16 pm

A bit late, buy why was Johnson the one taking the foul to give at the end of regulation?
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 7th, 2024, 11:17 pm

Mullins goes down in Flames
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » March 7th, 2024, 11:20 pm

I'll be shocked if UIC keeps it within 15 points tomorrow.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bulldog2323 » March 7th, 2024, 11:25 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Mullins goes down in Flames

Nice

Great way to end day 1! First 11 seed to win and every team now has at least one win at Arch Madness all time!
Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » March 7th, 2024, 11:28 pm

TylerDurden wrote:I'll be shocked if UIC keeps it within 15 points tomorrow.

Same. This was an absolute gift to Bradley.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 8th, 2024, 12:44 am

TylerDurden wrote:A bit late, buy why was Johnson the one taking the foul to give at the end of regulation?

The crowd expressed confusion instantly when that happened. An all-time MVC coaching blunder.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby racernation » March 8th, 2024, 6:28 am

So the 3 of the four lower seeds advanced. 11, 10, and 9. Not surprisingly with this league.
racernation
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby AcesAces » March 8th, 2024, 11:14 am

UE Aces with the program's first MVC tourney win since 2017 can officially say they are back to where they were before Simmons was fired. Not great, but not bad, and at least competitive.

Coach Ragland and staff did a remarkable job in St. Louis against Illinois State. Team was struggling to hit the backboard early on and started 1-13 from 3. The staff kept them focused, confident and used their TOs wisely to not allow ISU's runs to be enough to overtake the lead. Substitutions were spot on.

This offseason will be huge for the program. They lose at least 3 starters due to exhaustion of eligibility. If Coach Ragland and staff can grab some talent in the portal, the gains in the program can hold and even advance. If not, they may fall back down.
AcesAces
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby bradley_townie » March 9th, 2024, 10:50 am

The biggest surprise on day 1 was the lack of Murray State fans. All I heard when they joined the league was how good a fanbase they are and how they travel well and were going to swarm Arch Madness in yellow. Yes, they brought more than Belmont, UIC, and Valpo but that is not saying much. Has fan support decreased since leaving the OVC?
bradley_townie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 9th, 2024, 11:35 am

bradley_townie wrote:The biggest surprise on day 1 was the lack of Murray State fans. All I heard when they joined the league was how good a fanbase they are and how they travel well and were going to swarm Arch Madness in yellow. Yes, they brought more than Belmont, UIC, and Valpo but that is not saying much. Has fan support decreased since leaving the OVC?

I was shocked how small their turnout was. What is going on with that fan base? Evansville fans blew them out of the water, and the Aces were a 10-seed.

I’m willing to give it a “no one can make the Thursday noon game” mulligan as everyone in that slot thru 2 years has drawn flies and I have trouble making that game on-time myself even as an Arch Madness diehard. But they’re out of excuses if they don’t show next year.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball