Arch Madness Quarterfinals

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 8th, 2024, 11:35 am

Upper deck partially open for afternoon. Huge Indiana State turnout.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Arch Madness Quarterfinals

Postby SalukiBand » March 8th, 2024, 11:46 am

I may be crazy but I think MoState has a little bit of a chance vs. ISUblue this afternoon. Especially if they play defense like they did yesterday. But we've been saying that about MoState since the Barry Hinson days.

After 3 out of 4 lower seeded teams won yesterday, I think that Belmont is the only lower seeded team with more than a puncher's chance to win today.
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 8th, 2024, 11:56 am

They’re honoring the MVC HOF inductees pregame on the court. Nolan Richardson was one, but unfortunately he wasn’t present. Other inductees included Curtis Granderson and legendary XII Commissioner Bob Bowlsby, who were both there.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » March 8th, 2024, 12:40 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:They’re honoring the MVC HOF inductees pregame on the court. Nolan Richardson was one, but unfortunately he wasn’t present. Other inductees included Curtis Granderson and legendary XII Commissioner Bob Bowlsby, who were both there.

Too bad Richardson wasn't there.

The MVC does a fantastic job with the HOF, recognizing athletes, administrators and guys like Granderson, who never played in the Valley, but clearly are important to their institutions.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 8th, 2024, 10:33 pm

Drake and Bradley dominate Friday night.

I’d guess 5k turnstile attendance for both sessions, with attendance peaking in the MSU/ISU game and the end/start transition between the 2 night games.

Indiana State and Bradley filled 4+ sections with more fans sprinkled throughout the arena. UNI/Evansville brought an above average turnout - definitely Evansville’s best in awhile. Drake’s turnout was in the middle of Indiana St/Bradley and UNI/Evansville.

UIC brought the largest student section (majority young ladies - props to them) with Bradley a close second.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby municup14 » March 9th, 2024, 6:50 am

I'm glad my beloved Aces played hard yesterday and I don't think we were embarrassed. we had a bad last 8 minutes of the 1st half that did us in.Considering we lost at Drake by 40 plus points and lost at home on a half court shot we have come a long way since the last two years.Good luck to the teams who make the NCAA tournament as I will be cheering them on.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball