St. Louis Post-Dispatch Article on MVC/Arch Madness

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 8th, 2024, 8:07 pm

‘This Nationally Relevant Edition of Arch Madness Underscores MVC’s Evolution’
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/column/ ... 3c015.html

Talks about the league thriving with its #9 NET ranking. Highlights Indiana State and Drake being on the bubble for an at-large. Points out Wichita State’s downfall since entering the AAC and Loyola’s impressive 14-3 record in the A-10 yet nowhere near the bubble.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: St. Louis Post-Dispatch Article on MVC/Arch Madness

Postby TylerDurden » March 9th, 2024, 7:47 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:‘This Nationally Relevant Edition of Arch Madness Underscores MVC’s Evolution’
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/column/ ... 3c015.html

Talks about the league thriving with its #9 NET ranking. Highlights Indiana State and Drake being on the bubble for an at-large. Points out Wichita State’s downfall since entering the AAC and Loyola’s impressive 14-3 record in the A-10 yet nowhere near the bubble.

Definitely a down year for the A10. Aside from Dayton, it's pretty meh-to-bad. I don't think Loyola is a bad team, but they didn't beat anyone in the nonconference and lost to UIC at home.

I'd peg them somewhere between 4-6 in this year's MVC.

I'll continue to laugh at WSU until forever for joining a league that was never sustainable. Yes, I'm sure their fans are enjoying the top-end steakhouses and the athletic department likes the increased-but-not-program altering TV revenue, but they're worse off than they were and they know it.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball