Arch Madness Semifinals

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch Madness Semifinals

Postby jsaluki080 » March 9th, 2024, 7:17 pm

Looked like ISUb just curb stomped UNI
It's sad that we still have to be concerned if they get a bid or not.
They really deserve to be in the dance.

Bradley and Drake are in a close game
jsaluki080
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 9th, 2024, 7:39 pm

Drake getting Leons to switch off DeVries for the DeVries-Hickman matchup was the biggest play of the game IMO.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » March 9th, 2024, 8:28 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Drake getting Leons to switch off DeVries for the DeVries-Hickman matchup was the biggest play of the game IMO.

100%. Great semifinal and Drake deserved to win based on that play alone. Leons was equal to the task today, but it wasn't quite enough in the end.

Here's to two bids!
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » March 9th, 2024, 8:33 pm

TylerDurden wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Drake getting Leons to switch off DeVries for the DeVries-Hickman matchup was the biggest play of the game IMO.

100%. Great semifinal and Drake deserved to win based on that play alone. Leons was equal to the task today, but it wasn't quite enough in the end.

Here's to two bids!

Agreed. Wardle even mentioned it in the post game. It was a heck of a game. Fun one between the two longest tenured MVC schools. Leons v Devries is worth the price of admission.

Leons missed a huge three down one and didn’t have a good offensive game but he earned his DPOY award.

Atim Wright was awesome. The difference between the top two teams and Bradley (in this Bradley fans opinion) - the transfer portal. Drake and the Sycs got major contributors while BU whiffed on all three.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 9th, 2024, 9:05 pm

BUFanatic wrote:
Bulldog4life24 wrote:If anyone has a ticket they’re trying to sell please pm me. Looking for 1 for Drake/Bradley. Love to give a real person the cash and not pay those TM fees!

+1 here, really liked where I was at in 112 last night.

I have a few club passes for tomorrow's championship if anyone is looki6
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » March 9th, 2024, 11:13 pm

Pat Forde has been a great advocate for the league.

I know his story was linked in another thread but he mentioned the 94 points scored by Indiana State is the most a Ben Jacobson team has given up in regulation in his career. Thats amazing.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 10th, 2024, 6:45 am

What's crazy is that I didn't think UNI defended that poorly. Just an insane afternoon for the team in white...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 10th, 2024, 8:27 am

BCPanther wrote:What's crazy is that I didn't think UNI defended that poorly. Just an insane afternoon for the team in white...

I don't know Panther, looked like an awful lot of open treys to me ; in 2 games vs UNI they went 15/29 and 15/34 in treys and averaged 86 pts. I'd say either the game plan was really off or UNI simply couldn't guard them. Now the Sycs did that to a lot of teams, that's who they are, but the Panthers just weren't effective defensively against them, and the idea they could play a fast pace game vs them and win was I think ill conceived.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FunchessonPopcorn » March 10th, 2024, 9:52 am

UNI’s defensive fingerprint is largely around getting back and making sure they keep it to one shot. Unfortunately, Indiana State is as good as anyone at making that first shot.

As a Bradley fan, still hurting over that one last night. The defensive attention to detail was as tight as it has been here in STL, and tough to realize it wasn’t enough. Had been resisting the idea that the portal whiff was insurmountable, but Burch and Atlason grew defensively quite a lot over the season, and we just couldn’t make that last play or 2 that was needed to close out what was a tremendously high level game.
FunchessonPopcorn
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball