The Topic We All Hate

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: The Topic We All Hate

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 21st, 2024, 7:31 am

St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Indiana State Fans Trying Everything to Keep Schertz
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college ... 0e3e8.html

Really, really good article by the SLU beat writer who went out to Terre Haute and interviewed fans. He also tweeted the Hulman Center gameday environment was better than the Chaifetz gameday environment "by a pretty good margin".
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 22nd, 2024, 5:14 pm

There’s someone in a sports broadcasting Discord group I’m in with ties to WVU’s administration who claims DeVries agreed to terms with WVU with a press conference Tuesday and expects it to leak to the media this weekend. He has been consistent in that he was claiming earlier in the week that they were talking. Given the nature of this Discord group (lots of broadcasters, most discussion is based on broadcasting), my guess is he’s a WVU broadcaster.

He does have a track record of knowing WVU-related things before they hit the public, but nothing of the scope of a new coach.

I hope he’s 100% wrong. We’ll find out soon enough.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 9628 » March 22nd, 2024, 8:49 pm

And the wall came tumbling down.
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Ali » March 23rd, 2024, 9:10 am

It would be nice if Drake ponied up some extra cash for salary and NIL, but if a guy wants to coach in a power league, he only gets so many shots. We have been lucky that Jake turned down many offers over the years.

If Devries leaves Drake, it's hard for me to imagine that Tucker would want to go with him and play for a team that isn't of tourney caliber for his final season of college ball.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Birdfan2018 » March 23rd, 2024, 9:17 am

Ali wrote:It would be nice if Drake ponied up some extra cash for salary and NIL, but if a guy wants to coach in a power league, he only gets so many shots. We have been lucky that Jake turned down many offers over the years.

If Devries leaves Drake, it's hard for me to imagine that Tucker would want to go with him and play for a team that isn't of tourney caliber for his final season of college ball.

With Tucker, a couple other players from Drake, and the transfer portal could make West Virginia a NCAA Tournament team. Alston Mason and Ja’Kobi Gillespie would be good additions.
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bulldog4life24 » March 23rd, 2024, 12:41 pm

He’s not going to WVU, and Drake has ponied up already. That doesn’t change certain realities.
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Birdfan2018 » March 23rd, 2024, 1:09 pm

Bulldog4life24 wrote:He’s not going to WVU, and Drake has ponied up already. That doesn’t change certain realities.

“He” Darian? Or “He” Tucker?
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » March 23rd, 2024, 1:19 pm

Ali wrote:It would be nice if Drake ponied up some extra cash for salary and NIL, but if a guy wants to coach in a power league, he only gets so many shots. .

Drake (or should I say boosters) have ponied up, but there's no way to compete with what a P5 school would pay, or their NIL

Ali wrote:If Devries leaves Drake, it's hard for me to imagine that Tucker would want to go with him and play for a team that isn't of tourney caliber for his final season of college ball.

If DD left and Tucker didn't want to go with him, I'd bet serious money that Tucker ends up at Creighton
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SalukiWorld » March 24th, 2024, 5:01 pm

SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball