Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coach?

Poll ended at April 12th, 2024, 3:15 pm

Tom Crean
5%
Jim Crutchfield
No votes
Matt Graves
37%
Terry Johnson
No votes
Matt Langel
No votes
Bob Huggins
No votes
Gregg Marshall
5%
Greg Lansing
16%
Michael Menser
No votes
Other
37%

Total votes : 19

Re: Who will Angie Lansing Hire as Indiana State's Next Coac

Postby municup14 » April 6th, 2024, 4:41 am

I believe Jacobson is happy where he is.Im sure he gets paid very well and is content in N. Iowa a lot like Crews when he was at Evansville.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » April 6th, 2024, 7:04 am

municup14 wrote:I believe Jacobson is happy where he is.Im sure he gets paid very well and is content in N. Iowa a lot like Crews when he was at Evansville.

Jake freely admits that the scrutiny of running a P5 program isn't a good fit for him and his family. Has talked about how they value being able to have 'regular' friends and the ability to go out to dinner and just be around town without being the center of attention everywhere they go. Also talks about not being a guy that coaches forever. He makes $1M a year and is super comfortable. He's 53 and I'll bet he's here another 8-10 years and then retires up north.

I don't get the Indiana State outrage, this has been done for a while. They didn't get the McDermott experience of losing in the NCAA Tournament, coach signing an extension in the locker room after the game and then not going with the team home so he could stop in Chicago and interview for K-State the next morning.

Also, Indiana State fans were complete assholes in StL this year after being irrelevant for decades so they can just go right back there as far as I'm concerned.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » April 6th, 2024, 7:16 am

You feel for Indiana St and their fan base, but yeah in what world did they think this wasn't always gonna be the outcome. Now Schertz showed himself to be a bit scuzzy in how he went about it, and their outrage will only increase when he starts pilfering the roster, but yeah, this is just the way it is for most MM with a coach that becomes a hot commodity. Ask Utah St, ask Morehead St, as McNeese St in a couple days. The harshness of it is losing out to a less than prominent program and not a P5 . We had Charlie go to SLU in the early 90's , still stings more than Alford or Zo leaving to a P-5.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 6th, 2024, 9:24 am

Don’t most people (not all) kind of want to be at the highest level and most high paying level of their professions?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 6th, 2024, 9:25 am

BCPanther wrote:
municup14 wrote:I believe Jacobson is happy where he is.Im sure he gets paid very well and is content in N. Iowa a lot like Crews when he was at Evansville.

Jake freely admits that the scrutiny of running a P5 program isn't a good fit for him and his family. Has talked about how they value being able to have 'regular' friends and the ability to go out to dinner and just be around town without being the center of attention everywhere they go. Also talks about not being a guy that coaches forever. He makes $1M a year and is super comfortable. He's 53 and I'll bet he's here another 8-10 years and then retires up north.

I don't get the Indiana State outrage, this has been done for a while. They didn't get the McDermott experience of losing in the NCAA Tournament, coach signing an extension in the locker room after the game and then not going with the team home so he could stop in Chicago and interview for K-State the next morning.

Also, Indiana State fans were complete assholes in StL this year after being irrelevant for decades so they can just go right back there as far as I'm concerned.

No kidding. How can any Sycs fan be surprised by this?

Their fans - by far the most rednecky, dumbass group we’ve seen in quite some time.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiWorld » April 6th, 2024, 11:18 am

SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » April 6th, 2024, 11:27 am

https://twitter.com/Rick_Sports10/statu ... %2Fpage-73

According to sources close to situation. ISU offer to head coach Josh Schertz was 6-years, $850K. That’s largest contract offer ever to a Sycamore coach. Would have made him third highest current paid coach in MVC.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » April 6th, 2024, 3:54 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:https://twitter.com/Rick_Sports10/status/1776656873497731111?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1776656873497731111%7Ctwgr%5E616c2c0ec2609c4e976b24edbd02a0375ebbe41d%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsycamorepride.com%2Fthreads%2FfudC58Dtokuna-chertz-to-lu.45870%2Fpage-73

According to sources close to situation. ISU offer to head coach Josh Schertz was 6-years, $850K. That’s largest contract offer ever to a Sycamore coach. Would have made him third highest current paid coach in MVC.

They're in PR spin mode after losing the guy who led them to their best season since the Carter administration, which is understandable, and they're trying to show people that they tried even if he was gone well before that "offer" ever materialized. Never mind that the offer wasn't close to what SLU presented (reportedly).

The real test of ISU's commitment to the hoops program: What are they willing to spend on the next coach (and assistants)?
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ReZyNeZy » April 6th, 2024, 5:19 pm

I've seen some griping over the fact that the AD is another issue at ISU in addition to the former President being openly hostile towards athletics. I feel like these holes are in dire need of filling before anything is done towards athletics seeing as these 2 spots are where your money line is. Also maybe don't hire someone who is viewed as openly hostile towards athletics when a large portion of your donor base is people who support athletics.
ReZyNeZy
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » April 6th, 2024, 9:03 pm

Just read a national board where fans from teams like Oklahoma and on the East Coast are discussing how the Indiana St board has imploded with a 75+ page thread and are reciting the coach's AD being his predecessor's former wife, the whole Deborah Curtis drama with baseball, canning the AD months back, etc.

Their board has really caught the attention of a lot of people.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball