QUESTION

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: QUESTION

Postby TylerDurden » April 24th, 2024, 5:33 am

municup14 wrote:So this whole transfer bullshit says, as long as the player is in good academic standards and is continuing there education the player can transfer every year.Now my question, is correct me if I'm wrong,if you transfer from one school to another your credit hours might not transfer with you. If this is true you're not advancing your education.

That's correct and is another reason the prospect of mid-year transfers would be messy and I don't think it happens.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEARZ77 » April 24th, 2024, 7:57 am

Doesn't seem to me the issue of whether you had a scholy or not would impact a mid season transfer. You're not limited to # of roster spots, just scholarships, but you can dwarf a scholy's $$ by NIL , so scholy's not even necessary.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bulldog2323 » April 28th, 2024, 3:56 pm

This exact situation happened to Drake with Grace Berg on the women's team. She transferred from Missouri to Drake during winter break in 2018-2019. She was forced to sit out the second half of that season (January to March) because you cannot play for two schools in the same season.

Under rules at the time, the NCAA also forced her to sit out 2019-2020. Now she would not have had to sit out under the new rules.

There are always strange and unusual circumstances, and we can debate forever about how the NCAA hands out waivers like candy to the blue bloods of Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, etc. while screwing over players in the Valley. This is an example of how its supposed to work.
Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball