Official MVCfans.com prediction - 8th place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 8th place during the 2010-2011 MVC mens basketball season?

Bradley
2%
Creighton
2%
Drake
49%
Indiana State
14%
Illinois State
21%
Missouri State
2%
Northern Iowa
2%
Wichita State
9%

Total votes : 57

Re: Official MVCfans.com prediction - 8th place

Postby WSUbballer » August 24th, 2010, 8:09 pm

It doesn't bother me MVJ because I know that's the only reason we'd be getting votes.

Maybe one of these days you'll grow a pair and join in at Shockernet.. or maybe you already have.. :o
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WuDrWu » August 24th, 2010, 8:16 pm

Both ISU red and Drake lost a lot from last year. Comparing non positives though, I think Josh Young made teammates better (as did Templeton). I don't think OE made anyone better. I think Drake's losses are really tough. The Geese have one of (if not the) best incoming classes, and the future appears to be bright, but I don't think this season is it.

I have the Geese at 8.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » August 24th, 2010, 10:41 pm

WSUbballer wrote:It doesn't bother me MVJ because I know that's the only reason we'd be getting votes.

Maybe one of these days you'll grow a pair and join in at Shockernet.. or maybe you already have.. :o

I have not joined Shockernet. Honestly. I try to respect all of the team boards and stay off of them. Well almost all of them. :P

A while back I PM'd Royal about me possibly joining Shockernet. I didn't want to join if I wasn't welcome and I promised to be respectful, stay on topic and do most of my posting in your off topic forum. He never replied, so I dropped it. Royal has since given the reigns to Shockband and I don't really have that big of a desire to post on Shockernet although you guys have some good off topic and political banter.

The only Valley boards I don't respect are Bradleyfans and the BJC. The only board I don't read is the BJC.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » August 25th, 2010, 12:01 pm

MoValley John wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:It doesn't bother me MVJ because I know that's the only reason we'd be getting votes.

I have not joined Shockernet. Honestly. I try to respect all of the team boards and stay off of them. Well almost all of them. :P

A while back I PM'd Royal about me possibly joining Shockernet. I didn't want to join if I wasn't welcome and I promised to be respectful, stay on topic and do most of my posting in your off topic forum. He never replied, so I dropped it. Royal has since given the reigns to Shockband and I don't really have that big of a desire to post on Shockernet although you guys have some good off topic and political banter.

The only Valley boards I don't respect are Bradleyfans and the BJC. The only board I don't read is the BJC.

You PM'd me? If it was on VT, I wasn't going there much, so I could understand that. Either way, sorry for not getting back to you. It surely wasn't intentional.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdmanBB » August 25th, 2010, 3:08 pm

I wonder how many of these 26 drake votes go to either Illinois State or Indiana St. next week for 7th. I feel like there are more active Redbird people on here that wouldn't vote for us next week and rather vote for Indiana St. Regardless, I don't think I would put my redbirds past 6th in a preseason vote, even though I think they have the ability to finish better than that.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » August 25th, 2010, 5:18 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:I wonder how many of these 26 drake votes go to either Illinois State or Indiana St. next week for 7th. I feel like there are more active Redbird people on here that wouldn't vote for us next week and rather vote for Indiana St. Regardless, I don't think I would put my redbirds past 6th in a preseason vote, even though I think they have the ability to finish better than that.

I think the next week will be the first poll where it isn't a complete runaway, and it will be between the ISU's. I'll give IlSt the edge even though I think they're about even. A new coach for a .500 team in Valley play I don't think is destined for success right away.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » August 25th, 2010, 5:55 pm

AndShock wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:I wonder how many of these 26 drake votes go to either Illinois State or Indiana St. next week for 7th. I feel like there are more active Redbird people on here that wouldn't vote for us next week and rather vote for Indiana St. Regardless, I don't think I would put my redbirds past 6th in a preseason vote, even though I think they have the ability to finish better than that.

I think the next week will be the first poll where it isn't a complete runaway, and it will be between the ISU's. I'll give IlSt the edge even though I think they're about even. A new coach for a .500 team in Valley play I don't think is destined for success right away.

While Wichita State should be an almost concensus first, the real fun will be to watch how the 2-5 spots shae out. My guess would be:
2. Missouri State
3. Bradley
4. UNI
5. Creighton

That is not how I'd pick 'em, just my hunch in how this will shake out.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » August 29th, 2010, 7:22 am

Looks like we have a winner. I will open the 7th place poll tomorrow.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball