Official MVCfans.com prediction - 7th place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 7th place for the 2010-2011 MVC Mens Basketball Season?

Bradley
9%
Creighton
1%
Indiana State
40%
Illinois State
40%
Missouri State
1%
Northern Iowa
3%
Wichita State
5%

Total votes : 77

Re: Official MVCfans.com prediction - 7th place

Postby WSUbballer » August 30th, 2010, 4:12 pm

WuDrWu wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:Uhhh.. can I ask why my post was deleted?

Wow.

Get used to it. There is a quick trigger here.

Yeah, I'm slowly starting to notice that. The thing that really gets me is there is no explanation at all surrounding it. No PM or anything. Very Mecca-ish if you ask me.

All I did was respond and voice my opinion back to DU but apparently I broke some sort of rule. The only thing is I don't know which rule I broke since it never has been explained to me.

If this is how it's going to be, this place is going to be a very bland site of everybody agreeing with everybody on everything all of the time.
Last edited by WSUbballer on August 30th, 2010, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » August 30th, 2010, 4:43 pm

WuDrWu wrote:

Wow.

Now, I'll say something that is going to get some people's panties in a wad, but I totally believe UNI is a tweaked Jake Koch ankle from being right there. They lost a TON, and anyone that underestimates those losses is in for a serious reality check this season.

Huh? Jake Koch is an excellent young player, but by no means does our season hinge on him. There is only one player that UNI could lose that I would even begin consider it being a potentially devestating injury, And that would be Ahelegbe.

UNI lost three really really good players, but still brings back a bunch of experience and will still be a very deep team, playing at least 10 players again.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » August 30th, 2010, 5:49 pm

Wow.

Wow, your post wasn't flammatory or anything.....that's nutz! You just mentioned why you felt the way you did.....

And now this post will get deleted in...5....4....3....2

I too would like to know what was wrong with it. Can anyone explain?
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » August 30th, 2010, 6:00 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:

Wow.

Wow, your post wasn't flammatory or anything.....that's nutz! You just mentioned why you felt the way you did.....

I never saw the deleted post, but I am curious what it said, especially now that somebody else who did see the post has chimed in on it.

I don't know anything about the tech side of things, but other boards I've been involved with have had technical issues that sometimes led to some kind of a board re-set where all the posts for the last however many minutes/hours got wiped out with no way to recover them. Not saying that's what happened here, but I've seen some strange things happen on boards that had bugs in the programming. (I'm not saying there are bugs in the programming of this board, but you never know).
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shockerfan13 » August 30th, 2010, 6:02 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
Shockerfan13 wrote:

Wow.

I never saw the deleted post, but I am curious what it said, especially now that somebody else who did see the post has chimed in on it.

I don't know anything about the tech side of things, but other boards I've been involved with have had technical issues that sometimes led to some kind of a board re-set where all the posts for the last however many minutes/hours got wiped out with no way to recover them. Not saying that's what happened here, but I've seen some strange things happen on boards that had bugs in the programming.

Well if it's the post I'm thinking of that I read earlier than I'm not sure. Unless Baller went and edited it and started trash talking. Who knows, maybe I'm just numb to this stuff now. From what I remember reading though I don't recall anything horrible or anything that would start a big pissing match. Hmmm...curious.

Thanks for the response though! :)
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby hot nuts » August 30th, 2010, 6:18 pm

bigdawg wrote:Just a hunch, but I could see either Bradley or Illinois State slipping this year. If things don't start well for the Braves, job security becomes an issue for Les and the team could spiral.

You are very right. The Redbirds just have too many stats to replace with inexperienced players to not have a fall off. Unless Jimmy Les has rubbed his magic lamp and the genie granted Bradley an inside game they are not much of a threat.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WuDrWu » August 30th, 2010, 9:04 pm

valleychamp wrote:
WuDrWu wrote:

Wow.

Now, I'll say something that is going to get some people's panties in a wad, but I totally believe UNI is a tweaked Jake Koch ankle from being right there. They lost a TON, and anyone that underestimates those losses is in for a serious reality check this season.

Huh? Jake Koch is an excellent young player, but by no means does our season hinge on him. There is only one player that UNI could lose that I would even begin consider it being a potentially devestating injury, And that would be Ahelegbe.

UNI lost three really really good players, but still brings back a bunch of experience and will still be a very deep team, playing at least 10 players again.

Easy there fruitcup. BIG difference between "deep" and "good". Let's say Jake gets injured (the parameter I gave for possibly being in the play in) for this point.

UNI would probably start Ahelegbe, Dunham, O'Rear, Moran and .......... who?

If you for one minute think that team is going to beat anyone in the Valley with consistency, you haven't learned much over the last few years. I think you are forgetting NOT ONLY how tough Ali, Uncle Fester and Big Koch were but how their presense allowed other players to excel. Now those players are going to have to do it on their own, with no 7' to clog the lane, one fewer sniper (and tremendous leader and winner) and one of the best competitors in the league in a decade (or more).

One more thing; if Ahelegbe goes down, UNI will be LUCKY to stay out of the playin game. You are living too high off 3 games. We've all been there. Temper your enthusiasm is sage advice from those that have ridden the roller coaster of expectations.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » August 30th, 2010, 10:05 pm

We can all play the "if so-and-so goes down, team X will be bad" game. If you want to make the point that UNI will be expecting some unproven guys to fill key roles, especially in the 4 and 5 slot, I would agree with that.

Could UNI finish 7th? Sure, anyone could. I think there will only be a couple of games separating seeds 2 and 7 this year.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby thefish7 » August 30th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Went with Indiana State.
thefish7
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby WSUbballer » August 30th, 2010, 10:38 pm

Nope, Shockerfan13, what you see is what you get. I didn't edit anything at all. It really was just that.

All I would request is just an explanation by whoever thought it was necessary to delete. That's all. PM if you aren't comfortable discussing it out here.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just don't understand it.

Anyways, I voted for Creighton, because they were the only one without a vote yet.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball