Do you root for MVC schools in recruiting?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Do you root for MVC schools in recruiting?

Postby RoyalShock » August 30th, 2010, 1:08 pm

That depends. If my team is good and/or getting good recruits, then I'm generally pleased when other Valley teams get a good one. It may also depend on which team is getting those recruits. :)
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 45otseoj » August 30th, 2010, 1:47 pm

PricklyPete wrote:Maybe this should go on the other thread, but as I read about various recruits I wonder if fans of other schools root against each other in recruiting. I mean if the highly touted PG chooses Illinois State, are we happy for them or are we unhappy because it might mean more losses for my team someday in the future? Obviously, I want the MVC to do well as a league compared to others, but every once in a while I catch myself sometimes rooting against MVC schools when it comes to recruiting. I know it's PC to say that we all want the league to prosper and we should be happy when high level recruits commit to our league, but is that reality for you?

The "highly touted PG" is visiting Illinois State on September 10.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » August 30th, 2010, 3:37 pm

If a non-UNI MVC school can bring in a talented kid who isn't someone we would be going after, I'm all for it. Raising the talent level in the conference is a good thing.

It seems like Creighton and UNI have often been interested in many of the same players over the years, and obviously that will be even more so going forward with McDermott.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Shockerfan13 » August 30th, 2010, 6:05 pm

unipanther99 wrote:If a non-UNI MVC school can bring in a talented kid who isn't someone we would be going after, I'm all for it. Raising the talent level in the conference is a good thing.

It seems like Creighton and UNI have often been interested in many of the same players over the years, and obviously that will be even more so going forward with McDermott.

And now that Creighton has an assistant with Texas ties they are starting to piss me off by going after WSU recruits also....LOL ;P

Ah well, we will get a verbal from Kravish (granted he is from Lee's Summit) and Chatman soon enough.....muahahahahah :twisted:
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » August 30th, 2010, 6:17 pm

I definitely root for MVC teams in recruiting, unless they're recruiting the same kids DU is recruiting.

I think that, overall, MVC teams are recruiting at a slightly higher level than in the past.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LJay » August 30th, 2010, 6:42 pm

DUBulldog wrote:I definitely root for MVC teams in recruiting, unless they're recruiting the same kids DU is recruiting.

I think that, overall, MVC teams are recruiting at a slightly higher level than in the past.

What the monkey said...except for one nameless program.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » August 30th, 2010, 6:49 pm

LJay wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:I definitely root for MVC teams in recruiting, unless they're recruiting the same kids DU is recruiting.

One nameless program that you don't root for in recruiting or one nameless program that isn't recruiting at a higher level?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby thefish7 » August 30th, 2010, 10:17 pm

I generally root for other MVC schools... Except maybe for Illinois State. Just can't quite get myself to do it. That being said, our little rivalry is a lot more fun when the schools are close, so I guess I root for them to recruit just well enough to be not quite as good as Bradley.
thefish7
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby WSUbballer » August 30th, 2010, 10:28 pm

LJay wrote:

That statement is quite ironic because I think everybody pretty much knows who that program is.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » August 31st, 2010, 1:19 am

I don't root for or against any Valley school when it comes to recruiting. Who cares? Recruits wash out almost as often as they are successful, so why get bent out of shape over who recruited whom? Schools recruit the best players they can get, some work out, some don't. And while some follow recruiting more closely than others, to root for or against against a school (other than the school that you have a vested interest in) landing a recruit is a little silly.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball