Wichita State schedule

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State schedule

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 1:19 pm

bigdawg wrote:What is weak (and utterly hilarious) is that you are the king of making fun of another school for renting their arena. Now that your school is doing the same and might do it more often than some Shox fans would like, it's totally fine by you and you say "it has run it's course". We all felt that way a long time ago, but you constantly argued that it made them inferior. My how your tune has changed.

What's utterly hilarious is an SIU fan being the catalyst for this discussion. I could understand a blueblood, a DJA, or any CU fan doing it, but an SIU fan who had disappeared from the previous Valley discussion board for so long that he was virtually forgotten. Yes, it's quite hilarious.

The thing that you refuse to acknowledge or understand is the length of use of a rented facility. You're suggesting that playing one game a year is the same as playing your entire season at a rented facility. That's the big point you are not comprehending. Every prominent D1 school is now playing one maybe two games away from their home arenas. KU, KSU, OU, OSU, MU, Illinois, Tulsa, etc, etc, etc does it. And that is not the issue.

If you can't figure out the difference in scheduling one game at another facility vs. an entire season at another facility, then there is no point in arguing this out any further.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bigdawg » October 7th, 2010, 1:26 pm

Yet you've agreed there could be "more games" than one in the coming years. If you rent or take buy games once or a dozen times, you are still a tenant or a bought team.

Thanks for entertaining us all with your tiptoeing and tapdancing this afternoon. Good luck and don't forget rent is due by the 1st of the month and remember to clean up or you'll lose your deposit.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 1:39 pm

bigdawg wrote:Yet you've agreed there could be "more games" than one in the coming years. If you rent or take buy games once or a dozen times, you are still a tenant or a bought team.

Thanks for entertaining us all with your tiptoeing and tapdancing this afternoon. Good luck and don't forget rent is due by the 1st of the month and remember to clean up or you'll lose your deposit.

There could be more games in the coming years. I'm not the AD so I have little control or foresight of what's gonna happen in 5 years. But I do know it won't be more than one or two.

So for the record,all of the upper-tier of Division I are tenants. Thanks for that earth-shattering revelation. Apparently, you still don't know the difference between the words temporary and permanent. That's ok though. It may come some day.

Why are you speaking for everyone? You've done more entertaining than one could possibly ask for. I can see why you gave up at SalukiTalk.

That last sentence is a bit ironic. After defending Creighton and all of the other schools who rent facilities throughout this entire debate, you are now slamming all of them in one sentence. That last sentence applies to Creighton and every school that has ever set foot off of campus for a non-traditional basketball game. Nicely done!
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » October 7th, 2010, 1:53 pm

If all the big schools are renting to some degree, I don't see why the debate. Maybe you only claim renting is an issue to needle another fan base. I think schools are wise to play in different venues where they can gain increased exposure. That typically involves renting a building. I think WSU is smart for playing in IBA and wouldn't have considered it odd if not for a history of Shox fans negative commentary about renting a building. Never mind that IBA is nicer, newer, and probably better than Koch. If they can fill IBA, I'd argue they should play there more often and be a permanent tenant.

Seeing that I know I won't get the last word in on this topic, I now digress.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 2:01 pm

bigdawg wrote:If all the big schools are renting to some degree, I don't see why the issue if renting has been such an issue for you other than trying to needle another fan base. I think schools are wise to play in different venues where they can gain increased exposure. That typically involves renting a building. I think WSU is smart for playing in IBA and wouldn't have considered it odd if not for a history of Shox fans negative commentary about renting a building. Never mind that IBA is nicer, newer, and probably better than Koch. If they can fill IBA, I'd argue they should play there more often and be a permanent tenant.

Seeing that I know I won't get the last word in on this topic, I now digress.

The whole renting debate was one of many that ensued during the time when WSU and CU cat fights were a constant on that former website. I think you're confusing me with other WSU fans. I'd throw out a barb here and there but I wasn't all gung-ho about CU and their use of a rented facility. WSU fans simply liked to make fun of CU because with all of their prominence and holier than thou acts they were pulling, it was funny to say that they couldn't even afford to have an on-campus facility and pretty much had to be the Qwest Center's bitch. It has spread on from there.

Some WSU fans don't like this game. I personally don't care either way. I can see pros and cons on both sides. My only concern is to not overdue it. Koch is a big advantage. IBA may be newer and nicer but it does not have the tradition and it certainly does not have the atmosphere of a Koch. That's the BIG difference. I'm all for having one game a year extended to other Shocker fans who might not get an opportunity to see them at home with a soldout smaller arena.

If you really want the last word badly enough, I'll give it to yah, if that's all that you care about.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball