Wichita State schedule

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State schedule

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 12:03 pm

bigdawg wrote:So "more games" is acceptable to Shox fans? Having already stated that the games played at IBA need to be sellouts and that means the better games on the schedule, wouldn't that mean the games played at Koch aren't as critical? And why is renting IBA okay for WSU to play "more games" at, but it doesn't make sense for another Valley school to play all if their games in such an arena even if they get very large crowds. It seems to me that you want it both ways.

I don't mind a game or two at IBA for a multitude of reasons.

Who said the games at IBA need to be sellouts? Did a WSU fan say that?

The whole rented arena thing has kinda run its course. I dunno why you're so concerned about it all of a sudden. There's a big difference in playing one maybe two of your home games away from your traditional on-campus facility and playing your entire season at an off-campus facility. So your comparisons right off the back are already off. Having an on-campus facility to adequately serve as your host for games without costing you a dime is the preferred way to go. You also don't have to worry about having a rival come to your "home court" and play one of it's "home games" there. You also don't have to compete with, let's say another college's hockey team, for night games and dates. One or two games isn't affected by that. 2% of your home games at another facility doesn't make that facility your home facility. A number close to 100% would be considered your home facility.

Are you trying to make this more than what it is? Are you bored and wanna see some more WSU and CU fireworks or something?
Last edited by WSUbballer on October 7th, 2010, 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 12:03 pm

blueblood wrote:This is some interesting reading. Is it hard to type out of both sides of your mouth?

Solid 7th post.

Great points and discussions as well.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » October 7th, 2010, 12:08 pm

One game a year hurts nobody. They're not going to play a number of games there every year. They'd be stupid to do so.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bigdawg » October 7th, 2010, 12:08 pm

Simple yes or no questions:

Do you support WSU playing "more games" at a new downtown arena that the school has to rent?

If your coach thinks playing "more games" at the new downtown arena will attract better players and is showing it to recruits, is that good for your program?
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby blueblood » October 7th, 2010, 12:28 pm

"The whole rented arena thing has kinda run its course. I dunno why you're so concerned about it all of a sudden"

Run its course???? You own a Chevy and yet you're renting a Ryder and that's it? The king of ownership is renting and is considering going to a lease. This is GOLDEN.
Last edited by blueblood on October 7th, 2010, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 12:28 pm

Yes, a game or two to draw in a better opponent would be an ideal situation if we can't get them at Koch.

The second question can't be answered because Marshall never said any of that. So maybe he took a recruit to the arena to show what else there is to do off campus?

Now some questions for you:

Why do you care so much about this issue, especially being an SIU fan?

How many are expected to attend the first regular season game of your new renovated arena?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 12:29 pm

blueblood wrote:"The whole rented arena thing has kinda run its course. I dunno why you're so concerned about it all of a sudden"

Run its course???? You own a Cevy and yet you're renting a Ryder and that's it? The king of ownership is renting and is considering going to a lease. This is GOLDEN.

... for one day.

GOLDEN indeed.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » October 7th, 2010, 12:42 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
blueblood wrote:"The whole rented arena thing has kinda run its course. I dunno why you're so concerned about it all of a sudden"

Run its course???? You own a Cevy and yet you're renting a Ryder and that's it? The king of ownership is renting and is considering going to a lease. This is GOLDEN.

... for one day.

GOLDEN indeed.

but you've already acknowledged that in 5 years it will be more than one game. It's amazing how quickly your tune had changed on renting too and we all see the hypocrite in you for doubling back to suit this change which must really be bothering you.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 12:53 pm

bigdawg wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:

... for one day.

GOLDEN indeed.

but you've already acknowledged that in 5 years it will be more than one game. It's amazing how quickly your tune had changed on renting too and we all see the hypocrite in you for doubling back to suit this change which must really be bothering you.

How come I can only answer questions but when I turn it back on you to answer questions, they go unanswered? Those questions I asked must really be bothering you?

It could be more than one game in 5 years. I dunno? If it goes anything more than a game or two, I will be extremely angry as will every WSU fan. Is that what you wanted to see? Does that make you feel better?

Speaking of being a hypocrite, how come you aren't posting on SalukiTalk anymore? Too much for yah? I guess MVCtalk is still tolerable enough for your message board use, eh?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » October 7th, 2010, 1:04 pm

WSUbballer wrote:How come I can only answer questions but when I turn it back on you to answer questions, they go unanswered? Those questions I asked must really be bothering you?

It could be more than one game in 5 years. I dunno? If it goes anything more than a game or two, I will be extremely angry as will every WSU fan. Is that what you wanted to see? Does that make you feel better?

Speaking of being a hypocrite, how come you aren't posting on SalukiTalk anymore? Too much for yah? I guess MVCtalk is still tolerable enough for your message board use, eh?

How come? See Rule 2- keep on topic. This is about WSUs schedule. If you want to discuss SIU renovations, go to Saluki Talk or start a thread here.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball