Wichita State schedule

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State schedule

Postby MoValley John » September 23rd, 2010, 11:47 am

Oh crap! I forgot to link my previous post! That wasn't my take on the Wichita State schedule, it was tornado's.

Here's the linky: http://bubravesblogger.blogspot.com/

It also appears that he takes a certain amount of pleasure in knowing that a Creighton player is hurt:

One of Creighton's veterans Casey Harriman has a torn labrum in his left shoulder...
...this is a very serious injury and the same thing that happened to Creighton's Nate Funk that caused Funk to sit out a whole year.
That would be a problem however for Harriman, as he already voluntarily redshirted his first year at Creighton, so this is his last year of eligibility and he either has to play or quit. There would be NO chance of a Sam Singh-type of 6th-year waiver, since NCAA never gives such a 6th-year waiver when one of the lost seasons was voluntary or within the control of the student athlete.
Casey is not a big scorer, but he has been a key player...although he has never lived up to the scoring promise many thought he had coming out of high school as the all time leading scorer in his state (Iowa), but some of that was because Casey had a similar shoulder injury in his right shoulder (shooting arm) in the 2008-2009 season.
He started half their games last year and is in among the top 5 or 6 returnees in games played, starts, minutes played, 3-pt attempts, 3-pt made, rebounds, assists, steals, and scoring...

tornado must be peeking here and everywhere else to pick up this information. Funny, these websites are dead...
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TylerDurden » September 23rd, 2010, 11:52 am

That guy has no idea what he's talking about regarding NCAA rules, among other things...not that I really needed to post that.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » September 23rd, 2010, 11:56 am

MoValley John wrote:Oh crap! I forgot to link my previous post! That wasn't my take on the Wichita State schedule, it was tornado's.

It also appears that he takes a certain amount of pleasure in knowing that a Creighton player is hurt:

One of Creighton's veterans Casey Harriman has a torn labrum in his left shoulder...
...this is a very serious injury and the same thing that happened to Creighton's Nate Funk that caused Funk to sit out a whole year.
That would be a problem however for Harriman, as he already voluntarily redshirted his first year at Creighton, so this is his last year of eligibility and he either has to play or quit. There would be NO chance of a Sam Singh-type of 6th-year waiver, since NCAA never gives such a 6th-year waiver when one of the lost seasons was voluntary or within the control of the student athlete.
Casey is not a big scorer, but he has been a key player...although he has never lived up to the scoring promise many thought he had coming out of high school as the all time leading scorer in his state (Iowa), but some of that was because Casey had a similar shoulder injury in his right shoulder (shooting arm) in the 2008-2009 season.
He started half their games last year and is in among the top 5 or 6 returnees in games played, starts, minutes played, 3-pt attempts, 3-pt made, rebounds, assists, steals, and scoring...

tornado must be peeking here and everywhere else to pick up this information. Funny, these websites are dead...

:lol: :lol:

Texas A&M-Kingsville??, Loyola Marymount, Northern Illinois, Eastern Illinois, Utah, Jackson State, and Detroit and he's complaining about our home schedule? :lol: :lol:

I also see that he thinks BU has the best facilities in the league. Is he talking about overall or just basketball or what? If he's talking overall, I think that is extremely debatable. If he's talking just basketball, it's even more debatable. While Bradley has great fan support, the 30-year or however old Carver Arena is not what I would call the league's best facility. In fact, I would argue it being in the Top 5.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » September 23rd, 2010, 12:07 pm

fwiw, Casey Harriman is not Iowa's all time leading scorer. I think he lead the state in scoring his senior year, but is not close to being the all time leading scorer.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » September 23rd, 2010, 12:28 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
MoValley John wrote:Oh crap! I forgot to link my previous post! That wasn't my take on the Wichita State schedule, it was tornado's.

:lol: :lol:

Texas A&M-Kingsville??, Loyola Marymount, Northern Illinois, Eastern Illinois, Utah, Jackson State, and Detroit and he's complaining about our home schedule? :lol: :lol:

I also see that he thinks BU has the best facilities in the league. Is he talking about overall or just basketball or what? If he's talking overall, I think that is extremely debatable. If he's talking just basketball, it's even more debatable. While Bradley has great fan support, the 30-year or however old Carver Arena is not what I would call the league's best facility. In fact, I would argue it being in the Top 5.

I think he's referring to their new on-campus practice facility.

Did anyone read his shot at John Wilkins (former BU commit)?:
Then the question of whether John Wilkins will fit right in with all the other ISU guys...it certainly appears so......
Just check the McLean Co. database....looks like he's hitting the courts a little earlier than the Oct. 15 start of the regular season... ;)

Theft? Arson? Rape? Murder?

No. Far worse...

http://www.mcleancountyil.gov/circuitcl ... id=1170944
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » September 23rd, 2010, 12:40 pm

Anyone who goes trolling the state website for speeding tickets needs to get a life. That's beyond absurd.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » September 23rd, 2010, 1:16 pm

Speeding ticket?

Oh my God!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't make this stuff up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tornado is pulling up speeding tickets!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry to be bringing this board down into the mud, but pointing out that a kid got a ticket for 15-20 over the limit? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you serious, tornado? I mean were not talking 15-20 beers over the limit, were talking a speeding ticket!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Bradley fan that has never gotten a speeding ticket and never driven 15-20 MPH over the speed limit can cast the first stone. I guess just like SOuthern Illinois, tornado drives a Yugo.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 23rd, 2010, 1:23 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the hideous, outrageous and unconscionable charges against John Wilkins:

Case Number 2010TR021554 for JOHN WALTE WILKINS, born on July 13, 1989
Count: 1 Charge: SPEEDING 15-20 MPH ABOVE LIMIT Description: Filed
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snapshot9 » September 23rd, 2010, 3:06 pm

Well, at least he must have had his seat belt on, as there is no seat belt charge .... LOL
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 45otseoj » September 23rd, 2010, 3:52 pm

MoValley John wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I present the hideous, outrageous and unconscionable charges against John Wilkins:

Case Number 2010TR021554 for JOHN WALTE WILKINS, born on July 13, 1989
Count: 1 Charge: SPEEDING 15-20 MPH ABOVE LIMIT Description: Filed

We don't want people like this in our program. A criminal is a criminal. :roll:
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball