If you could start a team with one current MVC player....

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: If you could start a team with one current MVC player...

Postby sixth ace » August 8th, 2010, 8:24 pm

I too believe it would be Colt Ryan. He can play the 1,2,3,4 positions and be successful at it.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WuDrWu » August 8th, 2010, 9:37 pm

Look folks, I love the Valley as much or more than anyone.

But let's face some hard truths here. First, all of the players mentioned are nice players. Some are really good but most don't rise to the level of guys to build a program around. And in a few cases it's not close.

1. Jake Kelly is not going to the NBA. Please tell me the last mid major white guy off reconstructive knee surgery to make the show.

2. Colt Ryan lmao

3. Jake and Greg E didn't leave their schools because they were too tough for their competition and wanted a bigger challenge. I know they each had their reasons, but real champions are just that.

I'd go for Carmichael, Jake Koch or maybe Lathan. Although, if I really wanted to build a team, I might take the little Koch that holds up the sign "My 2 big brothers rock". Pretty good genes and plenty of time to add a surrounding cast.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby sly » August 9th, 2010, 7:22 am

jlandrus11 wrote:Jake Kelly is a future NBA star. I would love to see him play for the Pacers, he grew up in Carmel. If you don't think he will play in the NBA, then I don't think you have ever seen him play.

I won't say it can't happen, but even if he has a good senior season, he'll end his 4-yr college career with only a little better than the 9 points, 2 rebs, 2 assist per game career averages he has now.
Now I don't know everything but I think it has been a long time since a team drafted a college kid with career stats like that.
sly
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby jaysbanker » August 9th, 2010, 11:09 am

WuDrWu wrote:
3. Jake and Greg E didn't leave their schools because they were too tough for their competition and wanted a bigger challenge. I know they each had their reasons, but real champions are just that.

Are you implying that these players quit on there respective teams?
jaysbanker
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby jaysbanker » August 9th, 2010, 11:23 am

Greg also wanted out of a mess at Rutgers...
jaysbanker
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby PattrickJMerrault » August 9th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Gregory Echinique. I saw him play in the Big East, and he absolutely has the potential to be a complete game changer night in and night out for Creighton for the next couple of years. Add in the way he might develop under McDermott (with a reputation for molding some good MVC big guys), and he's a great foundation for a team.

--Pattrick J. Merrault, esq.
PattrickJMerrault
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby valleychamp » August 17th, 2010, 4:13 pm

jlandrus11 wrote:Jake Kelly is a future NBA star. I would love to see him play for the Pacers, he grew up in Carmel. If you don't think he will play in the NBA, then I don't think you have ever seen him play.

LMAO
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GoStateGo » September 3rd, 2010, 2:36 pm

I don't know if he is going to play in the League or not, but Jake Kelly has a skill set that you just don't see out of many MVC players. If healthy he is one of the better players in the MVC.
GoStateGo
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Snapshot9 » September 7th, 2010, 11:37 am

Koch would also be my choice. He seems to have that little something extra. I look for him to become a leader on his team, and after all, he has a family tradition to uphold. That alone, can be a great motivator.
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » September 7th, 2010, 11:38 am

GoStateGo wrote:I don't know if he is going to play in the League or not, but Jake Kelly has a skill set that you just don't see out of many MVC players. If healthy he is one of the better players in the MVC.

What skill set would that be?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball