Is bowling a sport?

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes : 31

Re: Bowling vs Soccer

Postby WSUbballer » June 29th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Can the same stereotype be given that all Creighton posters on here think soccer is cool because they played the footyball back in their hayday?

By the way, I could care less about bowling or soccer. Bowling probably isn't considered a sport. Soccer is a sport, but that doesn't necessarily make it better or more fun. Curling is also a sport and I'd much rather watch that than soccer.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » June 29th, 2011, 4:50 pm

WSUbballer wrote:Can the same stereotype be given that all Creighton posters on here think soccer is cool because they played the footyball back in their hayday?

Baller,

I wasn't referring to you in that earlier post. Note that I used the modifier "certain" before "WSU fans". You aren't in that particular group - no need to get defensive.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » June 29th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Ali wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
Ali wrote:Like fishing, bowling is not a sport.

But is fishing more popular than soccer?

I could care less about soccer (and bowling). Just not understanding the debate about bowling and why people are so defensive about it being a sport.

Actually the argument was about the popularity of soccer relative to other activities. The moderator decided to attempt to divert the argument to a discussion of what constitutes a sport because we all know that most Americans would choose waterboarding over soccer.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Chuck » June 29th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Call me crazy but I love to watch Soccer, womens or mens it's a fun watch. As a former athlete (not soccer), it is fun to see how my sport's strategic thoughts are very similar to soccer.
From the desk of Charles Bartowski
Chuck
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » June 30th, 2011, 1:35 pm

[quote="DoubleJayAlum"]Baller,

I wasn't referring to you in that earlier post. Note that I used the modifier "certain" before "WSU fans". You aren't in that particular group - no need to get defensive.[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation DJA.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby panther-state » June 30th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Ferd Berfel wrote:
hot dog eating

Now that is a real sport.

If you can down 50+ dogs in what is it? 15 mins?? Then I think you can be considered an athlete.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Turner » July 5th, 2011, 9:00 am

This morning on the national radio broadcast that we get here locally they were discussing this. In their poll, bowling ranked next to last just above competitive hot dog eating and well below golf and auto racing in terms of athletic ability needed.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby panther-state » July 5th, 2011, 10:52 am

Turner wrote:This morning on the national radio broadcast that we get here locally they were discussing this. In their poll, bowling ranked next to last just above competitive hot dog eating and well below golf and auto racing in terms of athletic ability needed.

Which says alot, especially if we're talking about the golf where you don't carry your own bag and you have a beer between your knees when you putt haha...I'll consider professional golf athletic though
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » July 7th, 2011, 1:43 am

How did I miss this thread???

I need more deadlines looming so I can stay up all night pretending to work while perusing this and other intellectually stimulating forums.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby panther-state » July 10th, 2011, 12:46 pm

For anyone who watched todays game, please fill me in on how bowling can even hold a candle to soccer. No hot women, no athletic skill, no fun...yeah bowling sure is great :roll:
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Other Mens Sports