Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Bowling vs Soccer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby panther-state » June 28th, 2011, 8:15 pm

So first off, I would like to mention that bowling is more widely participated in because it does not take very much physical effort and therefore the oldies and fatties of this nation (who comprise a majority of this population) can play. I love bowling but playing soccer is one of the most difficult sports to play if you play it right and competitively (if your 300lb grandma still wants to play then kudos, grab some goalie gloves).

I don't understand how these two are paired up but whatev's, I'm new I guess. The dictionary also refers to a f*g as a cigarette or a loose piece of cloth, but c'mon, when was the last time you took that seriously? Bowling = recreational activity (like darts, cards, croquet and the WNBA ;) ) and soccer = sport. Is this seriously thread worthy? Football and basketball need to start...
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ferd Berfel » June 29th, 2011, 5:02 am

widely participated in because it does not take very much physical effort and therefore the oldies and fatties of this nation

Kind of like slow pitch softball?

Bowling sucks, the last time I bowled was after my senior prom in 1968, it a pretty far stretch to call it a sport.

Soccer?

The electric sport of Soccer?

It really sucks and is stupid jogging up and down the field, kicking each other, injuries that a football player would laugh off and they are carried off of the field only to come back in two minutes later.

There is some great suff on this website....http://www.soccersucks.net/soccer_sucks.html

I guess if your boyfriend, or son or daughter play you have to go watch.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » June 29th, 2011, 7:01 am

I'm trying this new fad jogging. I believe it is jogging or yogging. It might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's suppose to be wild.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » June 29th, 2011, 10:38 am

Like fishing, bowling is not a sport.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » June 29th, 2011, 11:03 am

Ali wrote:Like fishing, bowling is not a sport.

But is fishing more popular than soccer?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » June 29th, 2011, 11:20 am

Snaggletooth wrote:
Ali wrote:Like fishing, bowling is not a sport.

But is fishing more popular than soccer?

I could care less about soccer (and bowling). Just not understanding the debate about bowling and why people are so defensive about it being a sport.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » June 29th, 2011, 12:26 pm

Ali wrote:Just not understanding the debate about bowling and why people are so defensive about it being a sport.

Here's the deal ---

WSU is really good at bowling. They've won championships (notwithstanding the fact that most people didn't even know there was such a thing as college bowling championships).

As a result, certain WSU fans are pretty uptight about bowling and get upset when people fail to recognize bowling as a sport. If you look back, the only ones defending bowling and/or claiming it is a sport are posters from WSU. One could reasonably assume that those same posters were previous bowling "student-athletes" at WSU, have wrist protector-thingies of their very own or, at a minimum, lusted over the large, box shaped backsides of members of the women's bowling team.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » June 29th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
bigdawg wrote:what the hell are you guys talking about?

:Yea!: :Yea!:

ESPN airs spelling bees, hot dog eating contests and lumber jack contests as well. Just because something is on ESPN, it doesn't automatically mean its a sport!
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ferd Berfel » June 29th, 2011, 2:41 pm

hot dog eating

Now that is a real sport.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Other Mens Sports