Bradley mens soccer defeats #21 Butler 4-1

Discuss soccer, etc

Postby MVCfans » August 27th, 2011, 9:52 am

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. - Senior forward Bryan Gaul backed up his preseason hype by contributing to each of Bradley's first three goals and the visiting Braves (1-0-0) rolled to a 4-1 victory at #21 Butler (0-1-0) in Friday's men's college soccer season-opener at the Butler Bowl.

Nice season opening win for Bradley and the MVC.

http://www.mvc-sports.com/msoccer/news/ ... utler-4-1/
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bradley mens soccer defeats #21 Butler 4-1

Postby LMS » August 30th, 2011, 9:58 am

Jays and Braves both have a chance to make some noise this year. If I had to make a bold prediction, I would say CU has the best chance to win an NCAA title in soccer as any Valley school does in any sport.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » August 30th, 2011, 11:02 am

Creighton moves up to #6 in this weeks poll. Bradley received enough votes to place them 28th.

http://www.nscaa.com/seniorRes.php?it=1593
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby bubraves4lyfe » September 1st, 2011, 9:13 am

Yet nothing is said about possible reports that Ethan Finley has a bruised MCL and Dion Acoff also has a knee problem. I have heard they are not playing until the conference tournament which is not true considering Ethan just played last night. I am not a doctor but I dont think playing on a knee injuries is a safe thing to do. Lets see if these rumors are true and if it plays a role in CUs success this year.

Not to mention Bryan Gaul was just named national player of the week. Braves to make some more noise this year!!!
bubraves4lyfe
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Ferd Berfel » September 2nd, 2011, 6:28 am

If I had to make a bold prediction, I would say CU has the best chance to win an NCAA title in soccer as any Valley school does in any sport.

With the schedule that the BJ's have they are a lock for the national title with out a doubt.

Big time choke job if they do not take it this year.
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Pinkie » September 9th, 2011, 5:55 am

Ferd Berfel wrote:
If I had to make a bold prediction, I would say CU has the best chance to win an NCAA title in soccer as any Valley school does in any sport.

With the schedule that the BJ's have they are a lock for the national title with out a doubt.

Who has a better chance? WSU baseball? Creighton is ranked in the top 5 right now so although it's always a challenge, they have a chance.
Pinkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby bubraves4lyfe » September 11th, 2011, 3:10 pm

interesting you are saying that considering that CU has only played 1 team that has a win. not to mention that the braves are 4-0-2 and have recently beat the formally number 8 team in the nation in South Florida. CU does have a good side but have yet to be challenged. The braves have proven themselves this weekend
bubraves4lyfe
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby panther-state » September 11th, 2011, 3:46 pm

Pinkie wrote:
Ferd Berfel wrote:

Who has a better chance? WSU baseball? Creighton is ranked in the top 5 right now so although it's always a challenge, they have a chance.

UNI football will be ranked in the top 2 or 3 this upcoming week and SHOULD make a strong push for the NC. It's early of course but the same goes of the soccer season
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby AndShock » September 11th, 2011, 5:41 pm

panther-state wrote:UNI football will be ranked in the top 2 or 3 this upcoming week and SHOULD make a strong push for the NC. It's early of course but the same goes of the soccer season

Might as well throw in WSU's basketball championship then.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Other Mens Sports