Creighton's Tyler Polak going pro

Discuss soccer, etc

Postby LMS » December 30th, 2011, 9:04 am

Big loss for CU.
Tyler Polak is ready to take the next step in his soccer career, one that will lead him away from Creighton.
The sophomore
defender said Thursday that he intends to leave school and pursue professional opportunities.
It definitely was a difficult decision," Polak said. "I have a good relationship with the guys on the team and the coaching staff. It's hard to cut the ties with Creighton.
"But after talking it over with the staff and my family, I just decided it was time. It basically comes down to having to do what I believe is best for me."
Polak's departure will leave Creighton without six of the 11 starters who helped the Bluejays win 21 games and reach the semifinals of the NCAA tournament in 2011. Five of the departing starters, including Polak, were first-team All-Missouri Valley Conference picks as well as All-Midwest Region players.
The 19-year-old Polak, who was born in Lincoln, is hoping to sign a Generation adidas contract that will allow him to enter the Major League Soccer draft. The Generation adidas program is a joint venture sponsored by the MLS and U.S. Soccer aimed at raising the level of young soccer talent in the U.S.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20111229/B ... picks-pros
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Other Mens Sports