Jacqui Kalin out for the season

Discuss womens hoops, soccer, volleyball

Postby unipanther99 » September 28th, 2011, 1:47 pm

Apparently she tore something... Sucks for her and for the Panthers. I would hope the NCAA will grant a 6th year for her.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Jacqui Kalin out for the season

Postby panther-state » September 28th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Terrible injury for an amazing human being. I think the Panthers will still be the favorite for the MVC title again
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 1972Shocker » September 28th, 2011, 5:19 pm

Is this pretty solid info? That would be Jacqui's 2nd season ending injury in her college career wouldn't it?

How unfortunate, if true, in particular for UNI but also for the MVC. We need all the quality players we can muster.

Jacqui was tough and showed great leadership during the NCAA tournament last March in Wichita.

Gotta feel for the young lady. :(
1972Shocker
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby valleychamp » September 28th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Yes it is solid info. She tore her ACL last week, and had surgery today. She is out for the season, and will petition for a 6th year of eligibility. (which she should be able to get)

Very sad deal though. Such a great player, great teammate/leader, and an outstanding person. One of the great Panthers of all time in any sport.

Wish her well, and hope to see her back on the court next season.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 1972Shocker » September 28th, 2011, 6:09 pm

Yes, I also would expect that she would be granted a 6th year.

Was this the same knee she hurt in 2008-09?
1972Shocker
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby panther-state » September 28th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Thankfully, Jacqui makes as much of an impact for UNI on-campus as she does on-court so we will certainly benefit, as a university, from having her around for another year. The circumstances though still make me sick...where is the :puke: smiley?
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleychamp » September 28th, 2011, 6:16 pm

1972Shocker wrote:Yes, I also would expect that she would be granted a 6th year.

Was this the same knee she hurt in 2008-09?

No, it was actually her ankle that was injured in '09. Totally unrelated injury.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 1972Shocker » September 28th, 2011, 6:21 pm

panther-state wrote:Thankfully, Jacqui makes as much of an impact for UNI on-campus as she does on-court so we will certainly benefit, as a university, from having her around for another year. The circumstances though still make me sick...where is the :puke: smiley?

What were the circumstances?
1972Shocker
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby pawball » September 29th, 2011, 4:46 am

panther-state wrote:Terrible injury for an amazing human being. I think the Panthers will still be the favorite for the MVC title again

Panthers cannot be considered the favorite without Kalin. Shoot, you're talking about the kid who would of more than likely been the pre-season MVP pick. As a Bears' fan, I hate that this happened. She has been fun to watch the last couple of years. Very mentally tough. Hope she's able to recover and play again.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby panther-state » September 29th, 2011, 3:10 pm

By circumstances I mean't the circumstances under which she would be around for another year.....by which I mean the injury.

And I think UNI can still be easily considered the favorite considering that KK Armstrong will step in as the PG and she is a very solid player who has a lot of experience in Valley play. UNI coasted through Valley play last year and while losing Kalin is a huge impact player I see this as simply closing the gap and not blowing the whole race wide open. Tanya Warren is still calling the shots and this squad is still very strong.
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Womens Sports