VB this weekend Plus

Discuss womens hoops, soccer, volleyball

VB this weekend Plus

Postby pawball » September 29th, 2011, 5:04 am

Gonna start with the Plus: last night K-State went into Mizzou and knocked off MU in 5. Last set was 15-12, exactly the same 5th set score as when K-State defeated the Bears in Springfield. K-State may be a legit Top 20 team. Also, OU beat Texas in 5 at OU. Both these wins will help Bears' and Shocks' RPI, esp K-State's since it was a road win.

Now Bears and Shocks get to take their 1-2 punch at UNI this weekend, first the Shocks on Friday night, then the Bears on Saturday. UNI is still very highly rated in RPI, at #5. Bears currently are #28, Shocks #37. Jays are #75. In Pablo, UNI's #13, Shocks #49, Bears #53. Melding these two ratings might give the most accurate assessment, but as in so many D-I sports, the difference between #20 and #50 often ain't much. With a meld, we'd have UNI #9, Bears @ 40.5, Shocks @ 43.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

VB this weekend Plus

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: VB this weekend Plus

Postby panther-state » September 29th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Panthers should handle both teams easily if they come out strong and keep flexing their muscle. However both teams have a solid chance at UNI as the youth and inexperience for some Panther players shows through at times. Thankfully the talent and coaching of UNI gives them a huge advantage (as well as playing at home with the regular crowd that UNI v-ball games draw). Go Cats!
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby JayJ79 » September 29th, 2011, 6:38 pm

panther-state wrote:Panthers should handle both teams easily if they come out strong and keep flexing their muscle. However both teams have a solid chance at UNI as the youth and inexperience for some Panther players shows through at times. Thankfully the talent and coaching of UNI gives them a huge advantage (as well as playing at home with the regular crowd that UNI v-ball games draw). Go Cats!

Panthers should be able to win,
but I would never count on a matches against WSU or MSU to be "easy".
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby pawball » September 29th, 2011, 8:25 pm

JayJ79 wrote:
panther-state wrote:Panthers should handle both teams easily if they come out strong and keep flexing their muscle. However both teams have a solid chance at UNI as the youth and inexperience for some Panther players shows through at times. Thankfully the talent and coaching of UNI gives them a huge advantage (as well as playing at home with the regular crowd that UNI v-ball games draw). Go Cats!

Panthers should be able to win,
but I would never count on a matches against WSU or MSU to be "easy".

Amen. To mr cat state, anything the cats do is easy. Take away Bre Payton and nottin is easy for UNI.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby pawball » September 29th, 2011, 8:30 pm

FYI, Bre Payton is what divides UNI from MSU and WSU. Not the other talent, not the coaching. Take away Bre and everyone's on a totally equal playin field. Dont' believe me? Watch what happens next year when Bre's gone.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » September 29th, 2011, 8:59 pm

For as much guff as you give CaseyGarrison, which is all justified, you need to look in the mirror at times. You're starting to sound like him.

"Easy?" This will arguably be UNI's toughest two opponents the rest of the way. I wouldn't be dropping "easy" bombs all over the place. Do I think they will win both of them? Absolutely. But to say that these two are chopped liver, well is kind of a slap to the face.. unless you expect UNI to be in the National Championship game.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » September 29th, 2011, 9:04 pm

pawball wrote:FYI, Bre Payton is what divides UNI from MSU and WSU. Not the other talent, not the coaching. Take away Bre and everyone's on a totally equal playin field. Dont' believe me? Watch what happens next year when Bre's gone.

Yes, watch what happens. If the last 25 years have shown us anything, its that UNI will be awful next year.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » September 29th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Who said UNI was gonna be awful next year? Where are you pulling this from?

Geez, simmer down and stop being so sensitive.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby JayJ79 » September 29th, 2011, 10:32 pm

pawball wrote:FYI, Bre Payton is what divides UNI from MSU and WSU. Not the other talent, not the coaching. Take away Bre and everyone's on a totally equal playin field. Dont' believe me? Watch what happens next year when Bre's gone.

yes, when you take away a team's best player (any team), especially if that player is their setter, and especially when that setter is an All-American, the team will face some challenges.

As far as what happens next year, UNI will reload at least as well as MSU or WSU ever does.

But yes, I agree wholeheartedly with you that Bre is a heck of a player.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby strike00 » September 30th, 2011, 7:02 pm

WSU up 2 games to 0 so far over UNI. WSU playing better in every area but the biggest difference so far has been serving and serve receive. UNI has not been serving tough and WSU has. WSU's passing is deffinately on tonight and UNI is just off. I'm afraid the 44 match win streak ends tonight, unfortunately, but we will see how UNI responds after the break.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Womens Sports