VB this weekend Plus

Discuss womens hoops, soccer, volleyball

Re: VB this weekend Plus

Postby valleychamp » September 30th, 2011, 7:17 pm

The streak has to end sometime, and I didn't think UNI would go undefeated again this year anyway, but I prefer that it not end at home.

Lets see if UNI can come back from an 0-2 hole.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby strike00 » September 30th, 2011, 7:35 pm

UNI eeks out game 3. WSU is really impressive tonight. UNI's serve receive needs to get better.

UNI hangs on to send it to game 5.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby strike00 » September 30th, 2011, 8:24 pm

UNI wins it in 5! wow. Great match from WSU, heartbreaking loss. They really brought it tonight, played well enough to win. Way to fight back UNI.

this is the third time this season UNI has come back from an 0-2 deficit to win. I think UNI will lose at some point in MVC play this year. The back line isn't consistent enough.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » September 30th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Congrats to UNI on the easy win.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby strike00 » September 30th, 2011, 8:30 pm

WSUbballer wrote:Congrats to UNI on the easy win.

I think UNI's streak has made some UNI fans forget how tough conference play can be. Especially with a target on your back.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » September 30th, 2011, 8:53 pm

In all sincerity, congrats on the comeback win. Great teams know how to dig back like that.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » September 30th, 2011, 10:34 pm

Congrats to UNI on the sweep.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby panther-state » September 30th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Now in all fairness I believe I said they could easily win these games if they came out strong and played consistent....obviously they did not do that. But it sure looks like that talent and coaching brought them through in the end :dance:

Apparently I'm the only one who remembers UNI just tossing Iowa State to the side like they were Bradley, that's they type of play I was referring to...unless Shox fans believe they are that much better than ISU now. I don't recall saying that WSU and MSU are terrible teams, that's obviously not the case, but I think it's clear that UNI is still the premier program in the Valley. While WSU and MSU aren't THAT far behind, I don't believe they are THAT close either. When the Panthers come to play I don't believe there is a team in the Valley that has a chance at knocking them off. However, it has become quite evident that the Panthers still haven't quite figured out how to "come to play" every time a match starts up.

Or...they really like giving us a scare and keeping things interesting. ;)

Sounds like I missed an awesome match tonight and it will be interesting to see how UNI responds tomorrow night against, arguably, and even more dangerous team.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby JayJ79 » September 30th, 2011, 11:51 pm

not sure if it's a matter of not "coming to play".
I saw it more as WSU having a good gameplan, and executing it well. Though luckily for us, UNI's coaches and players were able to make adequate adjustments in time to pull it out.

However, if they hadn't been at home, I'm not sure if the results would have been the same.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby panther-state » October 1st, 2011, 9:41 pm

UNI sweeps the Bears for an "easy" win ;)

Lady Bears came out strong and definitely have some good talent but it was never a nail-biter. The MSU back line needs some real work on digs, especially their libero. Really strong outside hitting though...but the UNI blocking was just too much at times...oh and the coaching and talent was too much 8-)
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Womens Sports