3. Wichita State 315
4. Creighton 246
5. Indiana State 234
6. Illinois State 224
7. Drake 168
8. Bradley 162
9. Evansville 68
10. Southern Illinois 65

2011-12 MVC Preseason Team Pos. Yr. Hometown (High School)
*Casey Garrison, Missouri State G Sr. Bolivar, Mo. (Bolivar)
Haleigh Lankster, Wichita State G Sr. Tulsa, Okla. (Booker T. Washington)
Christiana Shorter, Missouri State F Jr. Tulsa, Okla. (Booker T. Washington)
Shannon Thomas, Indiana State C Sr. Springboro, Ohio (Springboro)
Carli Tritz, Creighton G So. Sioux City, Iowa (Bishop Heelan)
*Preseason Player of the Year
TCSPORT10
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

WBB Preseason Poll

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WBB Preseason Poll

Postby FeartheQ » October 25th, 2011, 9:20 am

Go Lady Bears, could be a special year!
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 1st, 2011, 8:16 pm

FeartheQ wrote:Go Lady Bears, could be a special year!

It's going to be. Casey and the rest of the ladies are going to do big things. No doubt.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » November 1st, 2011, 8:20 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:

It's going to be. Casey and the rest of the ladies are going to do big things. No doubt.

^^^ kiss of death right here.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » November 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm

valleychamp wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:

^^^ kiss of death right here.

Love Nyla to death. Did great things at Glendale High in Springfield and starting the Lady Panther program from the ground up at Drury University, but I don't think the Lady Bears get to where they want to be with her at the helm...Just my opinion...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 7th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Nyla has got to win no doubt. I think people want her to succeed when they didn't particularly like Coach Abe or Cheryl. Sure they liked that Cheryl won but personality wise it was a sense of relief when she left because she rubbed people the wrong way. Like Steve Alford did. Nyla has to team to win though and win big. It's all on her now to get it done.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » November 7th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Casey, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Why do you think the University jumped at the chance to hire Cheryl and put her in charge of many of their major fundraising activities two years ago when she returned to Springfield; because she pissed so many people off ???? Cheryl remains one of the most popular sports icons in Southwest Missouri. Her name draws interest and represents immediate credibility. The only people who didn't like CB were weak minded men in the athletic department who were used to female coaches cowering and taking whatever hand me downs they gave them. When the fan base for WBB started outdrawing the men, they litterally panicked because they knew they couldn't continue buisness as usual.

There's no doubt she ruffled feathers, but she was and still is immensley popular; two of her biggest supporters and main mentors were Charlie Spoonhour and John Q Hammons.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 9th, 2011, 5:57 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Casey, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Why do you think the University jumped at the chance to hire Cheryl and put her in charge of many of their major fundraising activities two years ago when she returned to Springfield; because she pissed so many people off ???? Cheryl remains one of the most popular sports icons in Southwest Missouri. Her name draws interest and represents immediate credibility. The only people who didn't like CB were weak minded men in the athletic department who were used to female coaches cowering and taking whatever hand me downs they gave them. When the fan base for WBB started outdrawing the men, they litterally panicked because they knew they couldn't continue buisness as usual.

There's no doubt she ruffled feathers, but she was and still is immensley popular; two of her biggest supporters and main mentors were Charlie Spoonhour and John Q Hammons.

Way to focus on my throw away line about CB and miss the focus of my post. She did ruffle my feathers and I did not like her at all but she won. Which is what really matters so I respected her.

Nyla now needs to win that is what is at stake right now. Not Melody Howard, not Claflin, KS girl. The here and now. Casey and friends. If she can't at a minimum get the LB's to dance this year then she should pack up and go live somewhere else. The last time I checked it is the fans like you and me that pay the bills around here. If she can't win then she should go live somewhere else.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » November 9th, 2011, 11:23 pm

I worry about you Casey, I really do... :huh:
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 11th, 2011, 1:21 pm

MSUDuo wrote:I worry about you Casey, I really do... :huh:

I am passionate which I make no apologies for. I am that way in every area of my life. Same way with my honesty. Nyla seems like a nice lady but if you can't get it done then it is time to move on and I will help you pack. She still has time to change things and if this year goes as it should I'll be out there on the court hoisting her on my shoulders if she wins big.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Womens Sports