2013 LadyBear Recruits

Discuss womens hoops, soccer, volleyball

2013 LadyBear Recruits

Postby BEARZ77 » October 1st, 2012, 5:35 pm

The LadyBears appear to have closed out their 2013 recruiting class with a pair of verbals from highly regarded frontcourt players Rachel Swartz 6'3 from Stanwood HS in the state of Washington, and Onye Oesmenam 6'2 from Minnesota. Those two join guards Katie Palmer from Wichita and Lexi Hughes from Shawnee, Kansas who had previously verballed to MSU. That actually puts MSU one above the 15 scholy limit , but those things work themselves out before next summer I'm sure.

Not sure how the recruiting for the rest of the Valley WBB teams is going, but MSU's recruiting in 2012 and 2013 has gone to a whole different level than it's been at before. That's 8 three*** signees which doesn't even include Hillary Chvatal who at 6'2 led the state of Kansas in scoring and rebounding her junior/senior seasons, and Tyonna Snow was a 4**** until she got the obligatory bump down when it became known she would sign with MSU. Also, our best recruit from 2011, Kenzie Williams , who rs after hurting her knee early last year is now a rs frosh as well, and a certain starter this year.

We will be pretty young this year depth wise; although we have 4 returning starters on paper from last years Conference Champs, that's a bit misleading given how the minutes were distributed and the fact we lost 4 seniors who all started significant number of games for 4 years running. But I think we are more talented than we've been, and next year go up another notch again.

Might take a while to adjust this year, but looking ahead for the next 3-4 years, things are starting to feel like it might be a resurgence of the 1990's LB program.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

2013 LadyBear Recruits

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2013 LadyBear Recruits

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » October 4th, 2012, 8:03 pm

I am absolutely giddy about the LBs future. We will be looking really good sooner rather than later. And as for being over the scholarship limit, we can take care of that by "encouraging" an underachiever to transfer elsewhere. That should not be an issue.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » October 10th, 2012, 5:11 pm

Well add another; LB's have gotten a verbal from 6'5 Katelyn Weber out of Arkansas. That puts us two over for 2013, but like I said, those things work themselves out. Can't pass on quality size when you get a chance. Another 3 star*** prospect; a bit raw, but someone we really wanted and went head to head with K.ST.,Iowa,Iowa St., Arkansas to get.

LB's squad for 2013 now projects with 6'5,6'3,6'3,6'2,6'2,6'1,6'1 and a host of quality young guards.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » December 3rd, 2012, 8:14 pm

Haven't seen anything posted on other MVC WBB recruiting, but LB's were able to secure all of the previous mentioned 5 recruits in the early signing period. A significant haul of size, quality, and skill from a pretty wide range including Washington, Minnesota, Kansas, & Arkansas. I believe these last two classes will be the core of a very solid run by the LB's.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » December 3rd, 2012, 10:32 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Haven't seen anything posted on other MVC WBB recruiting, but LB's were able to secure all of the previous mentioned 5 recruits in the early signing period. A significant haul of size, quality, and skill from a pretty wide range including Washington, Minnesota, Kansas, & Arkansas. I believe these last two classes will be the core of a very solid run by the LB's.

Nyla still can't coach a lick. Well maybe half a lick but what else is new? Lost close to Okie Lite and have another chance against overrated power conference team later this week. Time to boogity, boogity, boogity as Darrell Waltrip always says.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » December 4th, 2012, 6:52 am

Yeah Casey, anybody can win 20 games 3 out of their 1st 5 seasons at the D-1 level , a conference championship etc etc. That's why you're on a chat board consistently sticking your foot in your mouth and she's a successful D-1 coach.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pawball » December 14th, 2012, 12:18 am

I will wait and see. As you stated, Bee, Ty was once a 4*, got downgraded to a 3* once she committed to MSU. At this point, don't know if she's a 2*. Point being, everyone's really an unknown at the D-I level until you see them in action.

I'll not ever forget going over to watch an early season practice when I first saw Jenni Lingor, then a 2-3* recruit her freshman year. Just one among many newcomers? No way. One look at her and I knew the Bears had someone very, very special. What made her that way was the DRIVE she had to her. And that is something that coaches frequently don't seem to have a clue about.

So, I hope the incoming Bear frosh next year have that extra drive and spunk in them. Often, imo, that's what makes the difference between being OK-->Good--->Great. And, of course, any good-great team needs exceptional leadership to achieve great things.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Womens Sports