Women's Soccer

Discuss womens hoops, soccer, volleyball

Women's Soccer

Postby Rambler63 » September 1st, 2013, 6:01 pm

Loyola, picked last in the MVC women's soccer preseason poll, tied the University of Indiana today to remain the only undefeated team in the MVC. Every other team in the league has between 1-3 losses, and Missouri State risks falling to 0-4 tonight as they host Arkansas. Poll favorite Illinois State travels to Illinois tonight, where they risk falling to 1-3.

Here's an article from Friday's Chicago Tribune about Loyola Women's Soccer:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... ird-season

I hope this helps to set to rest some of the doubts that everyone seems to have had about Loyola fitting in to the conference. Even as someone attuned to Loyola sports coverage, I've noticed a marked increase in the level of Loyola coverage in Chicago and nationally since joining the MVC. People who previously thought Loyola "got nothin'" in terms of sports coverage in the Chicago area have hopefully noticed that there's a great deal of potential and untapped reserve of Loyola fandom in Chicago. Obviously, a lot of this coverage helps other MVC teams recruiting Chicago and its environs in the long run.

Loyola won't have as easy a time in men's soccer and women's volleyball, where the MVC is quite a bit better than the Horizon. But it's nice to see Loyola showing some value to the conference even in the early going.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Women's Soccer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Women's Soccer

Postby agrinut » September 1st, 2013, 8:47 pm

Rambler63 wrote:Loyola, picked last in the MVC women's soccer preseason poll, tied the University of Indiana today to remain the only undefeated team in the MVC. Every other team in the league has between 1-3 losses, and Missouri State risks falling to 0-4 tonight as they host Arkansas. Poll favorite Illinois State travels to Illinois tonight, where they risk falling to 1-3.

Here's an article from Friday's Chicago Tribune about Loyola Women's Soccer:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... ird-season

I hope this helps to set to rest some of the doubts that everyone seems to have had about Loyola fitting in to the conference. Even as someone attuned to Loyola sports coverage, I've noticed a marked increase in the level of Loyola coverage in Chicago and nationally since joining the MVC. People who previously thought Loyola "got nothin'" in terms of sports coverage in the Chicago area have hopefully noticed that there's a great deal of potential and untapped reserve of Loyola fandom in Chicago. Obviously, a lot of this coverage helps other MVC teams recruiting Chicago and its environs in the long run.

Loyola won't have as easy a time in men's soccer and women's volleyball, where the MVC is quite a bit better than the Horizon. But it's nice to see Loyola showing some value to the conference even in the early going.

This is a joke right? Women's soccer is adding value?
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Women's Soccer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 2nd, 2013, 12:49 pm

I think it could legitimately add value. Maybe one of the Rambler lady player athletes or whatever might make the big kick in a shootout and rip off her jersey a la Brandi Chastain. That type of exposure adds value I'd say.

But seriously congrats to Rambler women's soccer. It's a start.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Womens Sports