MVC women's BB tourney to Moline, IL

Discuss womens hoops, soccer, volleyball

Postby isumvc1 » July 16th, 2014, 8:22 pm

Moline, IL will be the new home for the women's MVC BB tourney, starting in 2016. Better them than the men for sure.

http://qctimes.com/sports/college/valle ... 97f3a.html
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC women's BB tourney to Moline, IL

Postby unipanther99 » July 16th, 2014, 8:52 pm

I like this move.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby carrcar » July 17th, 2014, 10:19 am

unipanther99 wrote:I like this move.

The Valley should look into the Quad-Cities for their softball tourney as well as basketball. The QC has along history of hosting National and World tournaments.
carrcar
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 18th, 2014, 7:53 am

Ugh. I don't get what Elgin is trying to do. At all. I loved the structure of the event and went to St. Charles almost every year. Now I doubt it will have very many fans and it will definitely mean less MSU fans in the Quad Cities.

The Quad Cities has done okay hosting that John Deere golf thingy but I doubt those communities will actively support women's hoops. We will see I guess.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » July 18th, 2014, 8:34 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Ugh. I don't get what Elgin is trying to do. At all. I loved the structure of the event and went to St. Charles almost every year. Now I doubt it will have very many fans and it will definitely mean less MSU fans in the Quad Cities.

The Quad Cities has done okay hosting that John Deere golf thingy but I doubt those communities will actively support women's hoops. We will see I guess.

Average attendance in St. Charles was what? 1500-2000? I don't think it can get much worse. I don't really pay much attention to women's bball, but being 45 minutes down the road from me, I'll probably buy a couple all session passes for the hell of it.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 20th, 2014, 7:35 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Ugh. I don't get what Elgin is trying to do. At all. I loved the structure of the event and went to St. Charles almost every year. Now I doubt it will have very many fans and it will definitely mean less MSU fans in the Quad Cities.

Average attendance in St. Charles was what? 1500-2000? I don't think it can get much worse. I don't really pay much attention to women's bball, but being 45 minutes down the road from me, I'll probably buy a couple all session passes for the hell of it.

I absolutely don't want to offend the Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce, it is a decent place to visit, but it ain't St. Charles. The MSU and WSU fans have historically carried the conference tournament attendance and this is making it much more difficult for them to attend.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Womens Sports