Dr. Mary Jo Wynn

Discuss womens hoops, soccer, volleyball

Dr. Mary Jo Wynn

Postby BEARZ77 » January 22nd, 2019, 9:56 pm

Sad day for Missouri State and the Missouri Valley Conference as Dr. Wynn passes. One of the truly great pioneers in women's sports , Dr Wynn was the visionary architect who took a small midwest college woman's basketball program and helped turn it into a program that led the nation in attendance and made 2 final fours. But those are just a small sampling of the many great things she championed for collegiate women athletes and their rights to have equitable opportunities and funding. I was fortunate enough to have interacted a number of times with Dr. Wynn and even as recent as two weeks ago, saw her at a Lady Bears game as her seats are just a few rows behind mine . My favorite remembrance is that in the 2001 Final Four season the LB's were playing in a tournament in the Virgin Islands and I had t-shirts made that said LB's 2001 Carribean Cruise: Kicking Back and Kicking Butt . She saw them and bought 4. RIP Dr Wynn.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Dr. Mary Jo Wynn

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Womens Sports