More controversy

Discuss womens hoops, soccer, volleyball

Re: More controversy

Postby squirrel » March 18th, 2021, 9:43 am

When should we expect Missouri State to drop out, since they are staying at the same hotel as Bradley? :P
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby squirrel » March 18th, 2021, 9:43 am

BEARZ77 wrote:

You're kidding yourself; they were 3 games out of first last year and not competitive with MSU when they played, and 8 games out this year and in 5th place, not exactly an ascending pattern. I think the problem moving forward is Gorski isn't among the top 5 coaches in the league with Evans, Achter, Gillespie all starting to build better programs, and Mox, Warren, Barancyk far superior. They may do ok next year if Haack opts for an extra year with Petree, but otherwise they don't have the talent or coach to challenge imho.

OK.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Mikovio » March 18th, 2021, 10:17 am

I'm thinking Gorski ran over this BEARZ77's dog or something. These seem "competitive."

Game Recap: Women's Basketball | 2/19/2021 9:50:00 PM
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Bradley gave #20/25 Missouri State all it could handle, taking a lead late in the third quarter thanks to a 14-0 run; but the Bears used a late push to close out a 62-56 victory over the Braves Friday night at JQH Arena.
https://bradleybraves.com/news/2021/2/1 ... 62-56.aspx

Game Recap: Women's Basketball | 3/1/2020 5:20:00 PM
PEORIA, Ill. -- Bradley Women's Basketball nearly put the finishing touches on a perfect home record for the season, but #17/21 Missouri State was able to hold off a second-half surge from the Braves as the Lady Bears posted a 69-66 victory Sunday afternoon at Renaissance Coliseum.
https://bradleybraves.com/news/2020/3/1 ... surge.aspx
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » March 18th, 2021, 12:25 pm

Mikovio wrote:I'm thinking Gorski ran over this BEARZ77's dog or something. These seem "competitive."

Game Recap: Women's Basketball | 2/19/2021 9:50:00 PM
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Bradley gave #20/25 Missouri State all it could handle, taking a lead late in the third quarter thanks to a 14-0 run; but the Bears used a late push to close out a 62-56 victory over the Braves Friday night at JQH Arena.
https://bradleybraves.com/news/2021/2/1 ... 62-56.aspx

Game Recap: Women's Basketball | 3/1/2020 5:20:00 PM
PEORIA, Ill. -- Bradley Women's Basketball nearly put the finishing touches on a perfect home record for the season, but #17/21 Missouri State was able to hold off a second-half surge from the Braves as the Lady Bears posted a 69-66 victory Sunday afternoon at Renaissance Coliseum.
https://bradleybraves.com/news/2020/3/1 ... surge.aspx

The two games this year were competitive, I said the ones last year weren't. You omitted the first game in which Bradley came into Springfield in 1st place and with everything to play for, and left being blown out by 40. The second game last year at Bradley , Bradley got down big early, it was still 15 at half, and they worked to make it respectable by the end. While the games this year were closer, Bradley went from being 3 games behind the LB's in the standings to 8 this year, but if that's progress and being competitive , good for you and Bradley.

As far as Gorski, she's just disrespectful when getting her ass kicked [ which is what happens when we play] and her team mirrors her. I just find her and her program not at the level of comportment you see in most other programs in the league. JMO. But I shouldn't expect them to act like they've been there before, when of course, they never have.
Last edited by BEARZ77 on March 18th, 2021, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 18th, 2021, 12:33 pm

squirrel wrote:When should we expect Missouri State to drop out, since they are staying at the same hotel as Bradley? :P

Won't have to as the Bradley ladies will probably be gone quickly after having the Chipendale boys in their rooms most nights. :lol:

I actually do hope to see Bradley do well in their first NCAA trip, as I do for all the Valley schools when they reach post season. I'll root for them as long as they can stay alive.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 23rd, 2021, 9:15 am

Well I guess it was a mundane trip for the Bradley Covid Barbies; no infection spread, no male strippers caught in their rooms, no police investigations. :twisted:

Thought they might give Texas a better game, they just couldn't get close enough to really challenge. But Petree certainly shined on the big stage. Good for her. Will be interesting to see if a player like Haack comes back and if bigger Universities go after Petree as a transfer. She could play 2 years more if she opted, either in Peoria or elsewhere, although I'm sure that would have to include little sis, who I think is a little undervalued on the Braves.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby squirrel » April 1st, 2021, 7:45 am

Haack is coming back for he extra year next year.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Womens Sports