Valley Women's Basketball?

Discuss womens hoops, soccer, volleyball

Re: Valley Women's Basketball?

Postby isumvc1 » February 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm

gonna be a battle between WSU, INS, Drake, and Bradley to stay out of 7th place.

2 games left
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby cpacmel » February 27th, 2011, 9:13 pm

The first tie-breaker is obviously head to head.

Does anyone know what the 2nd tie-breaker is? Do they follow the men's new tie-breaker and go with non-conf SOS?
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ISUBBallfan » February 28th, 2011, 2:41 am

Indiana State beat Evansville today at home. Pretty one-sided game for The Lady Sycamores.
ISUBBallfan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby JayJ79 » March 2nd, 2011, 12:00 am

cpacmel wrote:The first tie-breaker is obviously head to head.

Does anyone know what the 2nd tie-breaker is? Do they follow the men's new tie-breaker and go with non-conf SOS?

according to the online procedures, the 2nd tiebreaker is still the power ranking (20 pts for road win against 1st place team, 19 for home win against 1st, 18 for road win against 2nd place, etc. etc.). As opposed to what they've switched to for MBB.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby pawball » March 2nd, 2011, 8:57 pm

If Ill St, Jays and Bears tied for 2nd, would think ISU'd take 2nd since they're only one that beat UNI. Maybe it'd break down differently, but that'd be my guess.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby panther-state » June 28th, 2011, 11:52 pm

UNI will be very strong again next year. Lose 2 very good players but they have some solid talent that has already shown it can fill those positions, and on top of that POY Kalin will be returning to lead the Panthers for her senior season. Can't wait...too bad UNI couldn't power past Mich. St
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby pawball » June 30th, 2011, 8:57 pm

UNI lost a lot in the "bigs" department with Boeck and Brocka, imo. Not that there's nothing left in that regard, but it sure leaves a big hole. No frosh or redshirt is gonna be able to replace what those two gave the Panthers. I enjoyed watching UNI play the past 2 years. They reminded me of MSU teams of the 90's: tough, gritty, smart, talented enough.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleychamp » June 30th, 2011, 9:22 pm

pawball wrote:UNI lost a lot in the "bigs" department with Boeck and Brocka, imo. Not that there's nothing left in that regard, but it sure leaves a big hole. No frosh or redshirt is gonna be able to replace what those two gave the Panthers. I enjoyed watching UNI play the past 2 years. They reminded me of MSU teams of the 90's: tough, gritty, smart, talented enough.

They also had two post players that gave really good minutes off of the bench last year. They will step in and fill those shoes pretty well IMO.

UNI rolled through conf play and won the league by 5 games last year. So you have to figure that they could be around 5 games worse next year and still be contenders at the top.

I'd expect UNI and MSU to battle for first next year.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby panther-state » June 30th, 2011, 10:03 pm

pawball wrote:UNI lost a lot in the "bigs" department with Boeck and Brocka, imo. Not that there's nothing left in that regard, but it sure leaves a big hole. No frosh or redshirt is gonna be able to replace what those two gave the Panthers. I enjoyed watching UNI play the past 2 years. They reminded me of MSU teams of the 90's: tough, gritty, smart, talented enough.

Yes it would but with F/C like Amber Kirschbaum, and G Mercedees Morgan and Rachel Madrigal (both 5'11 and proven inside scorers and rebounders) who all performed well this past season, with the minutes given to them, and then add in Amanda Barton and Jess McDowell who were red-shirt freshmen and should get valuable experience next season. The Panthers are guard heavy but Tanya Warren will have them prepared for another strong season.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference - Womens Sports