Rank MVC cities

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Rank MVC cities

Postby CaliJay » September 28th, 2011, 9:54 am

Due to the amount of ripping on each others' cities that goes on here, I thought it would be fun to rank the MVC cities from best to worst. Don't factor in the school, the campus, or anything other than the city that the school is located in.

Here is mine:

1. Omaha
2. Des Moines
3. Wichita
4. Peoria
5. Springfield
6. Normal
7. Cedar Falls
8. Carbondale
9. Terre Haute
10. Evansville

Really the last 3 could have gone either way for me. I have been to everyone of these cities other than Carbondale (due to playing baseball). I'd be anxious to see some other people's lists.
CaliJay
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Rank MVC cities

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Rank MVC cities

Postby valleychamp » September 28th, 2011, 10:05 am

What a fantastic idea.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Haha » September 28th, 2011, 10:08 am

basketball can't start soon enough, lol
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ihsi » September 28th, 2011, 10:42 am

CaliJay wrote:Due to the amount of ripping on each others' cities that goes on here, I thought it would be fun to rank the MVC cities from best to worst.

You might have decent intentions, but this is going to turn out ugly.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » September 28th, 2011, 10:52 am

I agree that this has the makings of trouble. Probably would be better kept in the off-topic area.

I'm pretty sure "best city" has a different meaning to every different person. Some are more prone to small, quaint towns, others to larger metropolitan areas. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say every poster is going to put their hometown or their school's hometown in first position.

And more importantly, who cares? We're all in flyover country when it comes down to it.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaliJay » September 28th, 2011, 11:01 am

sorry guys, I saw this going differently in my head. When it comes down to it, I was just bored at work and thought everyone making fun of each other and where they are from would be entertaining.
CaliJay
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby AndShock » September 28th, 2011, 11:33 am

1-9 Tied
10 Terre Haute
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » September 28th, 2011, 12:02 pm

I love these sort of rankings. Very fun to see what people think.

1. Springfield: It is a growing area, full of smart, educated folks. Branson is fun too. Lots of outdoors activities and Bass Pro is in town. I am buyist but I like it a lot.

T2. Wichita and Omaha: Nice places all in all.

T4. Peoria and Normal: Same thing basically. Good midwestern feel to them.

6. Des Moines: On the whole it is very nice. I had a very unfortunate incident at Hy-Vee once though in Des Moines.

T7. Evansville/C-Dale: I like them both a lot. The C-Lo twin cities.

T9. Waterloo and Cedar something or other/Terre Haute: Not bad places, I don't think there is a terrible city in the MVC. Terre Haute is a confusing place to drive and Indian State's arena is tough to find. Cedarloo is what I think the locals call it. It wasn't a bad experience for me but it was bleak and wintery. It is how I am imagined Stalingrad being like. On my way driving south across miles and miles of cold farmland I thought this must be what it was like when Napoleon retreated from Russia.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » September 28th, 2011, 12:22 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I love these sort of rankings. Very fun to see what people think.

1. Springfield: It is a growing area, full of smart, educated folks. Branson is fun too. Lots of outdoors activities and Bass Pro is in town. I am buyist but I like it a lot.

T2. Wichita and Omaha: Nice places all in all.

T4. Peoria and Normal: Same thing basically. Good midwestern feel to them.

6. Des Moines: On the whole it is very nice. I had a very unfortunate incident at Hy-Vee once though in Des Moines.

T7. Evansville/C-Dale: I like them both a lot. The C-Lo twin cities.

T9. Waterloo and Cedar something or other/Terre Haute: Not bad places, I don't think there is a terrible city in the MVC. Terre Haute is a confusing place to drive and Indian State's arena is tough to find. Cedarloo is what I think the locals call it. It wasn't a bad experience for me but it was bleak and wintery. It is how I am imagined Stalingrad being like. On my way driving south across miles and miles of cold farmland I thought this must be what it was like when Napoleon retreated from Russia.

I've been to all the MVC cities except for Terre Haute and Evansville.

But, other than Des Moines, I haven't spent enough time in any of them to give an educated opinion. Hard to judge a city based on a 3-hour stay, when you maybe see 1% of what the city has to offer.

Casey....I'm just curious what kind of "very unfortunate" experience you had in Hy-Vee.....there's at least a dozen Hy-Vee's here, and I've never heard of anybody having any kind of major problem. Also, not sure what "buyist" means.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WSUbballer » September 28th, 2011, 12:49 pm

I definitely caught the humor in using "smart and educated" in the same paragraph as "buyist".
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Off topic