Koch Industries (WSU) selling to Iran

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Postby Red » October 3rd, 2011, 12:32 pm

Koch Industries, the company controlled by GOP mega-donors Charles and David Koch, sold millions of dollars of petrochemical equipment to Iran in an end-run around a trade ban and cheated the government out of nearly 2 million barrels of oil from federal lands, according to a blockbuster report in the November issue of Bloomberg Markets magazine.

The company has also been involved in improper payments to win business in Africa, India and the Middle East, the Bloomberg report says.

It says internal company documents show the company made petrochemical equipment sales to Iran through foreign subsidiaries, thwarting a U.S. trade ban. The company also repeatedly ran afoul of environmental regulations, resulting in five criminal convictions since 1999 in the U.S. and Canada.

Nice guys and very patriotic in Wichita.

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2 ... eport-says
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Koch Industries (WSU) selling to Iran

Postby panther-state » October 3rd, 2011, 5:15 pm

How often and how much do they donate to Wichita St....that figure might come down a bit. OH MY GOD!!! Wichita State might have to cut all athletics or drop to D2!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SubGod22 » October 5th, 2011, 2:34 pm

www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby panther-state » October 5th, 2011, 3:57 pm

SubGod22 wrote:Rebuttal

In all fairness though obviously they are going to defend myself. I'll tell you right now that my sh** doesn't stink but that doesn't mean you should believe (and you shouldn't). My original question still stands however. The rest was lame garbage but I would like to know how often and how much they donate to the university. Simply curious.
"Got it into Moran, final seconds TICK AWAY!! PANTHERS WIN! PANTHERS WIN! Oh BABY, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!! The UNI Panthers have just SHOCKED the College Basketball World. DOWN GOES KANSAS! DOWN GOES KANSAS!!"
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » October 5th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Let's be honest, Panther-State. If Kim Jong Il wrote a $50 million check to UNI we would probably be playing Indiana State in the Dear Leader Dome this weekend.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby panther-state » October 5th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Well heck yes we would. Then maybe I could get some more gosh darn fin-aid!!

I'm seriously just curious as to how much they donate, if they do annually donate, to the university. It's not to demean WSU or anything, this honestly has nothing to do with the Shox other than the fact that the Koch's have the name rights to their arena. I can't imagine anything coming out of this on the side of WSU other than possibly less $$ coming their way via the Kochs. The Kochs might be in some trouble but WSU sure isn't. Now if they gave the Koch bros $$$ to sell/buy WMD's from/to Iran...then we might have a problem.

Honestly though...I just wanted to know if they annually donate or if it was a one time thing that got them the name rights of the arena.
panther-state
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SubGod22 » October 6th, 2011, 8:05 am

I have no idea how much. But I'm told they give more money to MIT and George Mason than they do us.

As far as the story goes, I don't think there's much to it. Sounds like Bloomberg disregarded all info provided by Koch, disregarded pretty much everything that came out of the courts in Europe and just went with what a couple disgruntled ex-employees had to say. Pretty sure absolutely nothing will come from this and there's a reason it hasn't had much play outside of MSNBC.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Off topic