Coaches controlling message boards?

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Postby troutangler » November 8th, 2011, 11:34 am

So MSUBear42 banned me from the MSU board after the MSU exhibition game this past weekend. Apparently my scathing summary of our players from that game, with such things as "Based off tonight, Copeland and Thomas will be two of the guys coming off the bench late. I wasn't impressed with either." and "We don't need to play 11-12 guys. Seven or eight are enough in most games, and he isn't one of our eight best." were too much for his delicate sensibilities.

When I sent a PM to 42 on this site, he dropped several f-bombs, and claimed, among other things, that Paul Lusk himself had emailed him and lobbied for my removal from the site. Well, through the wonders of modern technology (email), I contacted Coach Lusk and asked him if he monitors the board. He sent me a friendly reply this morning:

Zac,
Thanks for your email. I'm unaware of who ***** ****** (MSUBear42)is and any issues you may be dealing with on the site.

Thanks for your support of our program. Go Bears!

Paul Lusk
Head Coach
Missouri State University

(I can forward anyone the actual email if they don't believe me, just PM me)

So in summary, MSUBear42 is a dishonest person who uses other people, including the Bears head coach, as an excuse to take out a personal vendetta on his message board.

Anyone else think my "ax to grind" has no merit?
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Coaches controlling message boards?

Postby troutangler » November 8th, 2011, 11:39 am

Furthermore, TNMSUFAN, another moderator on Bear Nation, has informed me that the MSU coaches read the message board (Who knows if this is true or not), and want all "sunshine and roses" from all posters. Apparently discussing who will or won't be in the 8-man rotation and why is way too controversial.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ShockValue » November 8th, 2011, 11:44 am

Coaches should have much more important things to do than reading message boards. It would surprise me if any coach ever admitted to it. Players, on the other hand, definitely read the boards.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby troutangler » November 8th, 2011, 11:49 am

ShockValue wrote:Coaches should have much more important things to do than reading message boards. It would surprise me if any coach ever admitted to it. Players, on the other hand, definitely read the boards.

That's what one would think, and Lusk's email to me would seem to confirm that. But, the moderators of Bear Nation seem to believe that the Bears' coaching staff wants all positive, all the time. Apparently actual discussion is discouraged now, and only outright cheerleading is allowed. What a joke.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ShockValue » November 8th, 2011, 12:14 pm

troutangler wrote:
ShockValue wrote:Coaches should have much more important things to do than reading message boards. It would surprise me if any coach ever admitted to it. Players, on the other hand, definitely read the boards.

That's what one would think, and Lusk's email to me would seem to confirm that. But, the moderators of Bear Nation seem to believe that the Bears' coaching staff wants all positive, all the time. Apparently actual discussion is discouraged now, and only outright cheerleading is allowed. What a joke.

I have no doubt that is what every coach wants but they need to realize people will say and post different opinions. It's crazy that they might somehow try to actually influence who posts what.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SubGod22 » November 8th, 2011, 1:45 pm

So the MSU board is moving towards the BU board. And some feel that the WSU board may be moving in that direction as well. I'm still holding out hope that that won't be the case, however, it seems to be over moderated at the moment.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » November 8th, 2011, 5:46 pm

I know that people at Drake are familiar with Drakenation, and it has been very negative towards Coach Phelps. I'm sure they're not happy with it, but nobody from Drake has ever contacted me to complain about the negative nature of the board.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby offinthewoods » November 9th, 2011, 10:27 am

Well, we're not so sure anyone from MSU said a word about it... the dude that runs Bearnation is a compulsive liar and says he's talked to coaches and such just to stroke his ego.... its pretty sad actually.... he wants everyone else to be "positive" yet has dropped multiple f-bombs towards players and staff in the past and is constantly hammering the football coach and calling for other folks to be fired..... yet talking about who is in the top 8 players is too negative for him....
offinthewoods
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby troutangler » November 9th, 2011, 11:44 am

offinthewoods wrote:Well, we're not so sure anyone from MSU said a word about it... the dude that runs Bearnation is a compulsive liar and says he's talked to coaches and such just to stroke his ego.... its pretty sad actually.... he wants everyone else to be "positive" yet has dropped multiple f-bombs towards players and staff in the past and is constantly hammering the football coach and calling for other folks to be fired..... yet talking about who is in the top 8 players is too negative for him....

Yep. He told me Lusk emailed him about something I said on the board, which was a lie. Now the story is that Asst. Coach Kyle Smithpeters sent a text to someone wanting me banned and that he "Had to do it because a coach said something". Pretty sure this is a lie too. Why wouldn't it be, considering what happened with Lusk?
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 9th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Wowza, this thread is simply priceless. Seriously?

There is so much win in this thread. So much.

I have it on good authority from 42 that my realignment posts angered Cuonzo so much that he decided to leave for Knoxville. But he texted David Freese that and it made him mad and he hit a bunch of home runs. Lolz.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Off topic