Coaches controlling message boards?

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Re: Coaches controlling message boards?

Postby offinthewoods » December 5th, 2011, 6:21 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:I'm not "playing it nice, " I'm a nice person but I am passionate about my school and whenever people are as negative about it as you are, especially on my board, I will nan you. It does not matter to me whether you consider yourself a bears fan or not, it's not acceptable to me.

I honestly wish you good luck with your site, but I'm not afraid of losing Bear Nation, but if I did it would rid me of having to deal with people like you.

you dont think half the stuff you post is negative towards the school???? be fair here....
offinthewoods
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby isumvc1 » December 5th, 2011, 6:23 pm

I miss the "mecca" thread from Valley Talk, the one started by the Bradley fan that went on for years over there, can we get that thread here??
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby offinthewoods » December 5th, 2011, 6:35 pm

just to be fair.... lets look at the rules of the bear-nation site and how you follow the rules and/or apply them to people you dont agree with.

- Negative or unconstructive criticism of Missouri State, the coaches, or any personnel or staff at MSU.
you and your constant calling for a coach to be fired fits in there.... i'd say thats pretty negative.

- Negative criticism of MSU players, recruits, or potential recruits, or comments about whether they are Division I material.
Shall we look at your reactions in any number of game threads over the years....

- Negative criticism of other institutions or individuals may also be considered inappropriate at the discretion of the moderators
How do you even enforce this? i mean really.... you bash on other schools all the time.... we all do.

- Posts that mock or ridicule players or coaches

Again, you calling for a coach to be fired... or asking if Lusk is trying to get fired by changing the line up = ridicule.

- Criticism of forum staff or the moderating decisions. If anyone has questions about moderator's decisions, they must be sent by Private Message to a moderator and not posted publically on the board.
How lame is this? you guys just pick and choose stuff to delete to make you look better and everyone is just supposed to let it go? why cant you talk about the stuff publically?

-All posts must show respect for other posters and show respect for MSU and the individual players, coaches, administrators, and other personnel. Constructive criticism is permitted, but must be done in a civil manner that demonstrates a basic respect for the people being discussed.
You calling posters idiots and cursing out players and coaches fits in to this how?

-Keep personal insults to a minimum, and take them with a grain of salt.
See above, you insult like crazy but when anyone fires back you in turn throw a fit, ban them, cry to your mom, etc..... you are the most thin skinned person i've met.... wheres that taking it with a grain of salt?

-Discussions about which players deserve playing time are OK, but discussions about who deserves to be on the team, remain on scholarship, or which suggest that players should transfer or not return will not be allowed.
No, discussions about which players deserve time are not ok... people were having that discussion and you banned them to make you look better in some made up fantasy about the coaches requesting it, when you know the coaches didnt contact you at all.....

-Also not allowed are unsubstiantiated rumors about players' academic, eligibility, or other personal issues, or about players transferring or leaving the team. Such rumors may be allowable once they become verifiable or publically reported by Bradley or legitimate media
Who is this Bradley guy we are supposed to call and talk to? you didnt provide an email of phone number to get a hold of him... (yes, i know, you just stole the rules from the BU forum and got to lazy to change the stuff out)

-Most importantly, I run this board on my own time and mostly out of my pocket. I try to be fair, but if I feel like you are ruining the reputation of this site I can ban you for whatever I want.
You have done plenty to ruin the reputation of the site by the negative crap you spew and the way you spew it..... you are one of the more critical and negative people on there and the way you go about handling it makes you, the site, and msu fans in general look bad. Dont lie, you dont try to be fair... yesterday you deleted everything i said to Beeline, but left up his posts b/c he was attacking someone you didnt like, but heaven forbid he be attacked back for it... you gotta keep your buddies happy....

Your board started out great, but I have never seen people who are more unable to handle a conversation with differing opinions that you, TN, and beeline.... having you 3 as the boards moderators isn't really a great idea.... no one is going to want to come to a place where everyone is saying the same damn thing and criticism is not allowed or accepted......
offinthewoods
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby MSUDuo » December 5th, 2011, 6:45 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:I'm not "playing it nice, " I'm a nice person but I am passionate about my school and whenever people are as negative about it as you are, especially on my board, I will nan you. It does not matter to me whether you consider yourself a bears fan or not, it's not acceptable to me.

I honestly wish you good luck with your site, but I'm not afraid of losing Bear Nation, but if I did it would rid me of having to deal with people like you.

Hello! Have you read what you post? You go batty on the football team every year and throw around curse words in the basketball threads. Trout correctly predicted the football season and you called ridiculed him, and anyone who had agreed.

You're part of the problem but you dont want to fix that problem apparently
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MSUBear42 » December 5th, 2011, 6:47 pm

:Beer:
Last edited by MSUBear42 on December 5th, 2011, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUDuo » December 5th, 2011, 7:18 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:
offinthewoods wrote:

you dont think half the stuff you post is negative towards the school???? be fair here....

Yeh, cause wanting a 2-9 coach to be fired isn't what's best for the Bears...

Quite acting like a lawyer dude

Your copied rules dont say "don't be negative unless it benefits the school". They say dont be negative towards coaches or players
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby offinthewoods » December 5th, 2011, 9:33 pm

Now the new guy over there copied rules from somewhere else and was too lazy to change them. Get this rule.

Behavior on other sites: Behavior and comments on other websites are cause for banning (permanent or temporary, depending on the circumstance).
offinthewoods
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby astaggs » December 5th, 2011, 11:17 pm

This thread is fantastic....Bear-Nation has dropped off a ton due to it's lack of freedoms.
astaggs
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby offinthewoods » December 6th, 2011, 7:43 am

astaggs wrote:This thread is fantastic....Bear-Nation has dropped off a ton due to it's lack of freedoms.

If your not 42 tn beeline or Agrinut you aren't allowed to voice an opinion. Who knows what all is deleted we don't know about.
offinthewoods
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby MSUBear42 » December 6th, 2011, 8:08 am

Why are you even complaining, howbout?? I had always kept you around.
Last edited by MSUBear42 on December 6th, 2011, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic