Coaches controlling message boards?

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Re: Coaches controlling message boards?

Postby SubGod22 » December 6th, 2011, 8:23 am

I'm really enjoying this thread now. You can tell that this really does bother 42
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » December 6th, 2011, 10:59 am

I'm not sure what to think about this whole thing. But as a Bears fan it's a little embarrassing. Being a board administrator would be VERY difficult. And I don't mean anything derogatory towards 42 - I'm just saying it's extremely difficult to stay fair an impartial at all times. I don't think I could do it.

I will say the administrator of this board MVCfans is what all board administrators should aspire to be.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » December 6th, 2011, 12:04 pm

glm38 wrote:I'm not sure what to think about this whole thing. But as a Bears fan it's a little embarrassing. Being a board administrator would be VERY difficult. And I don't mean anything derogatory towards 42 - I'm just saying it's extremely difficult to stay fair an impartial at all times. I don't think I could do it.

I will say the administrator of this board MVCfans is what all board administrators should aspire to be.

I have a little history between myself and the parties involved in this fight. It dates way back to Valley Talk and the reason this fight is happening now is exactly why I was once a decent poster on VT but morphed into a midget posting, bandwidth hogging lout. The people involved are pretty much exactly as Trout describes. In fact, Trout was one of the people that I constantly fought with, but Trout didn't go to the extent of trying to destroy me that the other parties did. Trout would get mad at me and argue, he even called names, but that was about it.

And yes, it was all over Barry Hinson. While I had agreed that Barry Hinson should be fired, I didn't agree with the way he was being treated by the fans. I didn't like the threats, I didn't like the taunts, I didn't like any of the behavior being displayed toward Hinson or his family. Barry Hinson was a good coach, just not good enough. That was my assessment, I think it was fair and I agreed good isn't always good enough and he should go. Fans didn't have any reason to hate. They were justified in wanting a change but the rest was over the top.

But how dare I have an opinion that didn't match theirs!!!! How dare I say anything reasonable about a decent man who simply didn't win enough games!!! How could I come to the defense of Barry Hinson, afterall, he IS THE ANTICHRIST!!!! For that, I was name called, badgered, threatened and they attempted to gang up on me and run me off that site. I almost gave up, but then I saw their pattern, if I posted, they would all post together, berating me and trying to bully me off the site. It was amazing. When I saw what they were doing is when I came up with my defense, for every response any of them made to me, I would make 10 meaningless posts, be it pictures, movie clips, whatever. I attempted to wear them out and also dilute the crap they were saying about me. Unfortunately, I kind of liked posting all of the junk!!! And keep in mind, I kept a count of ten replies for every one post in which they attacked me. On some days, I would post 3-400 times. Yeah, the posting habit took hold, I loved posting the midgets. By the time Ron Paul became an internet viral candidate, I had my whole anti-Ron strategy waiting! I guess I should thank the boys in Missouri for that.

Needless to say, if you have an opinion that differs from them, they won't just discuss it with you, they will call you names, shout you down, and apparently, if you have the keys to the message board, they will silence you.

I really didn't have a dog in this fight, but I do feel sorry for Trout, he doesn't deserve this.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » December 6th, 2011, 1:28 pm

glm38 wrote:I'm not sure what to think about this whole thing. But as a Bears fan it's a little embarrassing. Being a board administrator would be VERY difficult. And I don't mean anything derogatory towards 42 - I'm just saying it's extremely difficult to stay fair an impartial at all times. I don't think I could do it.

Has to be tough I agree. But having two rival boards will be good, they will have to compete to gain our attention and that is good for all Bears fans. Free message boards are notorious for clowns, crazies, and just all around dumbies maybe what Bears fans need is a premium service like Rivals or Scout.com?
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » December 6th, 2011, 2:02 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:

Has to be tough I agree. But having two rival boards will be good, they will have to compete to gain our attention and that is good for all Bears fans. Free message boards are notorious for clowns, crazies, and just all around dumbies maybe what Bears fans need is a premium service like Rivals or Scout.com?
That wouldn't solve anything. I've been on those boards, even the premium sites have their fair share of dolts. And look what happened to the Creighton board when it went to Rivals. It became a ghost town because of the tool running it.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » December 6th, 2011, 2:29 pm

SubGod22 wrote:
That wouldn't solve anything. I've been on those boards, even the premium sites have their fair share of dolts. And look what happened to the Creighton board when it went to Rivals. It became a ghost town because of the tool running it.

But don't all C-USA schools have a Rivals board? :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:

Okay, okay, I'm sorry, but Casey lobbed it out there, I ignored it at first, but just couldn't anymore!!!!!
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUBear42 » December 6th, 2011, 2:45 pm

SubGod22 wrote:

Just like me!!!! It's so fitting!!! :D
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUDuo » December 6th, 2011, 2:58 pm

MoValley John wrote:

I have a little history between myself and the parties involved in this fight. It dates way back to Valley Talk and the reason this fight is happening now is exactly why I was once a decent poster on VT but morphed into a midget posting, bandwidth hogging lout. The people involved are pretty much exactly as Trout describes. In fact, Trout was one of the people that I constantly fought with, but Trout didn't go to the extent of trying to destroy me that the other parties did. Trout would get mad at me and argue, he even called names, but that was about it.

And yes, it was all over Barry Hinson. While I had agreed that Barry Hinson should be fired, I didn't agree with the way he was being treated by the fans. I didn't like the threats, I didn't like the taunts, I didn't like any of the behavior being displayed toward Hinson or his family. Barry Hinson was a good coach, just not good enough. That was my assessment, I think it was fair and I agreed good isn't always good enough and he should go. Fans didn't have any reason to hate. They were justified in wanting a change but the rest was over the top.

But how dare I have an opinion that didn't match theirs!!!! How dare I say anything reasonable about a decent man who simply didn't win enough games!!! How could I come to the defense of Barry Hinson, afterall, he IS THE ANTICHRIST!!!! For that, I was name called, badgered, threatened and they attempted to gang up on me and run me off that site. I almost gave up, but then I saw their pattern, if I posted, they would all post together, berating me and trying to bully me off the site. It was amazing. When I saw what they were doing is when I came up with my defense, for every response any of them made to me, I would make 10 meaningless posts, be it pictures, movie clips, whatever. I attempted to wear them out and also dilute the crap they were saying about me. Unfortunately, I kind of liked posting all of the junk!!! And keep in mind, I kept a count of ten replies for every one post in which they attacked me. On some days, I would post 3-400 times. Yeah, the posting habit took hold, I loved posting the midgets. By the time Ron Paul became an internet viral candidate, I had my whole anti-Ron strategy waiting! I guess I should thank the boys in Missouri for that.

Needless to say, if you have an opinion that differs from them, they won't just discuss it with you, they will call you names, shout you down, and apparently, if you have the keys to the message board, they will silence you.

I really didn't have a dog in this fight, but I do feel sorry for Trout, he doesn't deserve this.

All due respect MVJ, you weren't around the program like we were and didn't see the reasons we wanted him gone besides the basketball related items. I'm not going to dig all that crap up again but trust me, there were issues there that most outsiders didn't have to deal with and didn't understand.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » December 6th, 2011, 3:15 pm

A simple request (and a reminder). I'm not a fan of threads like this, but I also don't feel it is my position or the role of the mods to completely stifle disagreements by "choosing sides" of who is right or wrong. I would ask that the rules of the forum be kept in mind when posting:

3. Do not constantly belittle other schools or other posters.

6. No posting of any personal information about another poster. If you know another posters' real name, occupation, hobbies, etc,.....Keep it to yourself.

7. Profane language and photos are prohibited.

Thank you.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » December 6th, 2011, 3:17 pm

MSUDuo wrote:
MoValley John wrote:

All due respect MVJ, you weren't around the program like we were and didn't see the reasons we wanted him gone besides the basketball related items. I'm not going to dig all that crap up again but trust me, there were issues there that most outsiders didn't have to deal with and didn't understand.

Yes, you are right, I was an outsider. I didn't know all the little secrets. That said, I believe that short of Sandusky type allegations, Hinson didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. It was beyond what a mediocre coach with maybe a few skeletons deserved. Hinson not withstanding, I, was an outsider, and short of having a different opinion, didn't deserve any of the treatment I received- and you know exactly what I received. Without going any deeper into this, you know exactly what I am talking about. And yes, the behavior exhibited by this small group of Bear fans was designed to intimidate me, was over the top and wrong.

I honestly wish all involved could resolve their differences privately, but I hold out little hope. What is spinning out of control over on that board should be expected. It is the way these people behave.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic