Coaches controlling message boards?

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Re: Coaches controlling message boards?

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm

But I honestly believe Trout when he says that 42 told him that. They are at least passionate if deluded. I heart them both. Why can't more Bears posters be rational and well rounded like CaseyGarrisonforPrez?
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby troutangler » November 9th, 2011, 6:44 pm

The MSU coaches never contacted anyone from Bear Nation. These guys' egos are so big they think the coaches really care what goes on on the board, so they use it as an excuse to ban people who they don't agree with. Pretty sad really that their entire existence is a message board.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » November 10th, 2011, 4:41 pm

That's pretty effed up. It would be real sad to see another Valley board succumb to a Mecca-like regime.

I also agree about coaches reading message boards. I sincerely hope they are above those and anybody that cares about fans' opinions that much probably shouldn't even be coaching anymore. You get paid a healthy sum to get the feel-goodness and also to take the heat. People have a right to feel differently about things. It's human nature. I cannot possibly believe a coach would fail to realize that and would actually give a damn about what's said on a message board. Don't we have coaches shows for the very same reason?

42 needs to see the big picture and temper down a bit or he will gain a reputation that he will definitely NOT want to have.

Good luck with that, trout.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShockValue » November 10th, 2011, 6:19 pm

Did you see 42's new board rules? Look like Paul Lusk wrote them himself.

- Negative or unconstructive criticism of Missouri State, the coaches, or any personnel or staff at MSU.

- Negative criticism of MSU players, recruits, or potential recruits, or comments about whether they are Division I material.

-All posts must show respect for other posters and show respect for MSU and the individual players, coaches, administrators, and other personnel.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » November 10th, 2011, 8:06 pm

ShockValue wrote:All posts must show respect for other posters and show respect for MSU and the individual players, coaches, administrators, and other personnel.

That rule is the one of utmost irony. I peruse around pretty much every Valley board to see what's going on and I dare you to visit a MSU game thread, especially when MSU is losing. 42 is usually going off in some tirade, laying down a barrage of expletives, assaulting players and plays in nearly every post.

In numerous instances, he would pretty much call trout and other posters every name in the book. You know, the typical "eff off" (not eff), you suck, a-hole, d-bag, you-name-it. And then after he'd get that out of the system, he'd usually ban people still in his way.

That "rule" definitely gave me a good laugh. I guess it's only enforceable to non-admins.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 10th, 2011, 8:54 pm

http://www.bear-nation.com/forum/threads/board-rules.9866/
Just in case people have forgotten:

- Negative or unconstructive criticism of Missouri State, the coaches, or any personnel or staff at MSU.
- Negative criticism of MSU players, recruits, or potential recruits, or comments about whether they are Division I material.
- Negative criticism of other institutions or individuals may also be considered inappropriate at the discretion of the moderators
- Posts that mock or ridicule players or coaches
- Criticism of forum staff or the moderating decisions. If anyone has questions about moderator's decisions, they must be sent by Private Message to a moderator and not posted publically on the board.
-All posts must show respect for other posters and show respect for MSU and the individual players, coaches, administrators, and other personnel. Constructive criticism is permitted, but must be done in a civil manner that demonstrates a basic respect for the people being discussed.
-Keep personal insults to a minimum, and take them with a grain of salt.
-Discussions about which players deserve playing time are OK, but discussions about who deserves to be on the team, remain on scholarship, or which suggest that players should transfer or not return will not be allowed.
-Also not allowed are unsubstiantiated rumors about players' academic, eligibility, or other personal issues, or about players transferring or leaving the team. Such rumors may be allowable once they become verifiable or publically reported by Bradley or legitimate media
-Most importantly, I run this board on my own time and mostly out of my pocket. I try to be fair, but if I feel like you are ruining the reputation of this site I can ban you for whatever I want.

Here are the forum rules. I couldn't even make this up, but the fact that these rules were copied form the list of Bradleyfans.com verbatim is absolutely CLASSIC. He didn't even take out the Bradley reference!!! If that doesn't speak volumes about what that site is becoming.. WOW! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I especially like the last sentence. Very mature!
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby troutangler » November 10th, 2011, 9:49 pm

LOL. I wondered what the "Bradley" reference was. I thought it was someone.

Stay tuned guys....
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby offinthewoods » November 10th, 2011, 10:26 pm

That loser has broken every single rule he laid out..... Like said above, he drops the f-bomb towards players, calls for the outright firing of coaches, then turns around and says no one else can be negative.... from everyone I have ever talked to that knows him personally, they all say the kid is a few bricks shy of a load....
offinthewoods
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby troutangler » November 10th, 2011, 11:00 pm

The sad thing is that letsgobears and Bear Nation for a while were a lot of fun to go to. There was funny stuff between posters back and forth, making fun of the school's ineptness at various things (Advertising, establishing an athletics website, etc), and you could say pretty much anything you wanted as long as you weren't getting too personal. Now it's all cheerleading, all the time. "The staff wants positive posts, so that's the way it will be" is the official line.

Like I said, stay tuned.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BearFan417 » November 11th, 2011, 8:25 am

It is sad what that message board has become. I saw something on there yesterday where posters were wondering why the board was so dead. I think we all know why. The guy who used to run letsgobears was outstanding. It appears that this 42 guy just runs the board for his own personal power trip, plus wants everyone to know what an "insider" he is.

His posts on the game threads are absolutely hilarious. He mixes a complete lack of understanding of basketball with the maturity of a 6 year old that isn't getting what he wants.
BearFan417
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic