Coaches controlling message boards?

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Re: Coaches controlling message boards?

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 11th, 2011, 1:11 pm

I'm still blown away by all of this. Lusk and Smithpeter reading the board!!! And instructing someone on who to ban! The hilarity of it all is mind boggling. Our administration and coaches are either incredibly overbearing and pathetic OR someone has an inflated sense of themselves and maybe even delusions of grandeur. Equally plausible both.

We need answers! If the university if trying to ban free speech then I am going to stop donating my hard earned money to them.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BearFan417 » November 11th, 2011, 2:20 pm

I have a hard time believing that the coaches really care about the message boards. If they do, they won't last very long. Before the season, you were banned from the board from saying anything non-positive about the FB team. Now, the moderators run the program down every single post they make.

My best guess is that 42 has no idea what he's doing, and is simply making this thing up about the coaching staff. If he's not, then there needs to be an investigation into Paul Lusk. It isn't a very good step to monitor the message board the week of your first game, when you have zero career wins....John Calipari can waste time doing that sort of thing. Paul Lusk cannot.

I guess we'll see tonight.
BearFan417
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby troutangler » November 11th, 2011, 5:36 pm

Guys, Lusk isn't policing the board and I am 99 percent sure none of the other coaches are either. That is true about the football team. In August I was banned for talking about how bad they might be. Now multiple moderators are calling for Allen's firing.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby troutangler » November 17th, 2011, 9:51 am

Now there is a 3-4 page thread on Bear Nation about how awful KY3 is. (Local station that carries a lot of our road games) I guess it's okay to be negative about things that the moderators approve, like firing the football staff and complaining about the TV production. Anything else is off limits. (At least until 42 gets upset about it, then it's okay)
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » November 30th, 2011, 11:10 am

troutangler wrote:Guys, Lusk isn't policing the board and I am 99 percent sure none of the other coaches are either. That is true about the football team. In August I was banned for talking about how bad they might be. Now multiple moderators are calling for Allen's firing.

I'm late on this...ish....but

I can promise you that not a single coach of any sport at UNI reads the UNI message board. Some in the administration do but they will NEVER admit to it as they wish panthernation was gone from the internet forever.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » December 4th, 2011, 8:25 pm

How did I miss this thread?

Wow!
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby troutangler » December 5th, 2011, 12:56 am

FeartheQ wrote:How did I miss this thread?

Wow!

I bet you don't regret coming to the new board now.

42 is paranoid now. He played all nice and wished me luck with the new board, then banned me for "spam". He also changed BN so you have to be logged in to even read it. He doesn't want me contacting anyone else that is on there.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MSUBear42 » December 5th, 2011, 4:37 pm

:Beer:
Last edited by MSUBear42 on December 5th, 2011, 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUBear42 » December 5th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Nevermind.. Not worth it.
Last edited by MSUBear42 on December 5th, 2011, 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby balla1107 » December 5th, 2011, 4:50 pm

Dear God, the Bears really need to beat Oklahoma State. Two losses in one week just wrecked our fan base :Beer:
balla1107
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic