Coaches controlling message boards?

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Re: Coaches controlling message boards?

Postby offinthewoods » December 6th, 2011, 4:55 pm

kept laughing every time MVJ just used the word "short" or "small" in a thread about Barry...
offinthewoods
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MSUBear42 » December 6th, 2011, 5:21 pm

offinthewoods wrote:kept laughing every time MVJ just used the word "short" or "small" in a thread about Barry...

Well, it's no small task to stand up for Barry.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » December 6th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Can I ask which rule I broke to get my post deleted? (By PM, if necessary)
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby offinthewoods » December 6th, 2011, 9:50 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:
offinthewoods wrote:kept laughing every time MVJ just used the word "short" or "small" in a thread about Barry...

Don't sell him short. He won't be looked down upon by many people.
offinthewoods
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby WSUbballer » December 6th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Also, just to add, at least 42 knew how to take care of the trolls on his board. At Shockernet, the new administration almost encourages trolling and takes down anyone defending the home ground. An amateur production, at the very most.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUBear42 » December 6th, 2011, 9:57 pm

offinthewoods wrote:
MSUBear42 wrote:

Don't sell him short. He won't be looked down upon by many people.

It kinda was his fault we kept coming up short, though. He could never quite stomp his way through to the big dance.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby troutangler » December 7th, 2011, 1:25 pm

WSUbballer wrote:Also, just to add, at least 42 knew how to take care of the trolls on his board. At Shockernet, the new administration almost encourages trolling and takes down anyone defending the home ground. An amateur production, at the very most.

Not sure what you read, but the root of this entire issue had nothing to do with trolling. It had to do with ghastly things like predicting the MSU football team's season or giving an opinion about who should get more minutes during basketball season.

Once again, some people were and still are allowed to do the things above, not so much with others.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MSUBear42 » December 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Maybe it was just your delivery? I'm not the only one who got a little tired of your pessimism on the board. Usually posters will be upset right after a loss or a losing streak, but it seemed to me like msu was just never good enough for you. I even had you unbanned because you do stir up conversation, but calling me some of those names via pm crossed the line. I let you back on the board and then that same day you pretty much said one of our players had no reason to be playing ever. To me, there's a difference between that and saying in a game thread to bench someone who is having an off night.

I'm not someone out with a vengeance, I just don't take lightly to the constant attacking of how I was running my board. You're right though, no one will ever be as good as letsgobears. If I kept a cooler head, we wouldn't be having this conversation and wasting everyone's time over here. For that, I am sorry.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby troutangler » December 7th, 2011, 5:47 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:Maybe it was just your delivery? I'm not the only one who got a little tired of your pessimism on the board. Usually posters will be upset right after a loss or a losing streak, but it seemed to me like msu was just never good enough for you. I even had you unbanned because you do stir up conversation, but calling me some of those names via pm crossed the line. I let you back on the board and then that same day you pretty much said one of our players had no reason to be playing ever. To me, there's a difference between that and saying in a game thread to bench someone who is having an off night.

And I got tired of people's overly optimistic attitudes, like when people run the "Everything will be fine, it's all good" line out there no matter what happens. That's not even my main problem with some people on your board. My main issue is how many people overreact about things, either positive or negative. At least I have the same general attitude most of the time. In inconsistency of some people's opinions and how they were moderated is what bothers me.

For the record, here is what got me banned the final time under the name "marooncats". Nothing had happened at all up to this point. I had only posted about 35 times under that name. This was the night of MSU's exhibition with Missouri Southern. This is when I "pretty much said one of our players had no reason to be playing ever"... :roll:

Here is the link to the thread. Start with my post at the top of page 7 giving my thoughts on the game and the players since it was the first time I had seen them this season:

http://bear-nation.com/forum/threads/bears-mssu-november-5th.9789/page-7

Here is my original quote:
Based off tonight, Copeland and Thomas will be two of the guys coming off the bench late. I wasn't impressed with either.

Weems was good as usual, and it was obvious from the tip who the best player on the floor was.

I like Gulley and Downing. Not terribly impressed with Bizoukas. Downing is bigger than I thought he would be.

Patterson's touch looks good, but I am concerned about interior defense as well. He will be better than last year, but he is no Creekmore.

Kirk is athletic and plays his butt off. I like him more than I thought I would.

Pickens' putback dunk was unreal. He brought the house down. Weems had a nice one too.

Along the way we get stuff like this from 42:
This marooncats guy is an idiot.

And this:
And I'm just stating my opinion that he's an idiot lol.

It's not like I care, if I did I would go ahead and ban him under his 20th screen name, but I think its funny and it sparks conversation.
(It was actually just my second name, but whatever)

Meanwhile I continued to actually talk about the game:
If we get injuries this year, plug someone else into the 8-man rotation.

Copeland was 0-6 from the field last night including 0-2 from three with 2 points in 21 minutes. Not sure what impressed you so much.

I don't really agree with the team goes as Scheer goes. Pickens and Gulley looked better if you ask me. I do think Scheer is in our top 8 and we need him to improve over last year, but I'm not expecting 10 points/game this year.

Then Agrinut throws this gem in:
You have seen the team play once since last year right? I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion, but yours reads more like the same old doctrine. You may hate the sunshine pumpers but for the sake of this team, this staff, and this school stop already all you are doing is belittling them and making yourself look like an ass.
(If anyone reads those two pages and can figure out how I am belittling anyone, including the school, let me know)

I posted this in reply:
You are a drama queen. I'm belittling the entire school, coaching staff, and team simply because I don't buy into what most of you guys are selling about Copeland? Quit taking it so personally. I never said anything about you or anyone else on the board. Only said what I thought about our players' performance on the court. If there is one thing I have learned since I started posting on Bears basketball forums, it is that prior to the first game of a season, all of our players are outstanding.

I thought the purpose of a message board was the solicit different opinions and viewpoints about the subject at hand, which in this case is Bears basketball?

Tell you what: Give me some predictions on Copeland's stats for the season. I'm thinking 10 mpg, 3 ppg, 3 rbg. He only scored 19 points all of last season while playing about 6 mpg, so those predictions I just made will be a vast improvement.

Then I was banned the next time I tried to log in. Read page 7 and 8 of that thread. That is what led up to this thread we are posting in right now with the email to Lusk and the claim that he and then an MSU assistant were wanting me banned.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby troutangler » December 7th, 2011, 5:52 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:
I'm not someone out with a vengeance, I just don't take lightly to the constant attacking of how I was running my board. You're right though, no one will ever be as good as letsgobears. If I kept a cooler head, we wouldn't be having this conversation and wasting everyone's time over here. For that, I am sorry.

The only times I disagreed with how you were running the board was when you would ban me for stuff like in the previous post. The time I got banned before that was when I predicted the football team's record, even though other people had predicted similar records.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic