iphone 5 question

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

iphone 5 question

Postby Ali » October 3rd, 2012, 7:26 am

I'm not a phone guy at all. I just ordered a new iphone 5. When it's activated, can I still use my old iphone as an ipod or what do I do with that? What else do I need to know?
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

iphone 5 question

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: iphone 5 question

Postby valleychamp » October 3rd, 2012, 11:07 am

Yes. If its not activated as a phone, its essentially an Ipod touch.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » October 4th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Ali wrote:I'm not a phone guy at all. I just ordered a new iphone 5. When it's activated, can I still use my old iphone as an ipod or what do I do with that? What else do I need to know?

1. well you could sell your iphone (4s has good value, 4 or below not so much)

2. Or you could transfer it to another family member for them to use.

3. Or I you have a teenage daughter, keep it as a replacement phone in case she drops her phone in a cup of water, or pushed into a pool with her phone, or drops it shatter it or her phone gets stepped on while it is in her bag.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » October 4th, 2012, 10:54 pm

I have an iphone 4 and several old Android devices. We use them as replacement phones. Moreover, I rooted my current Android device and have a free wireless tether app (Barnacle). When we travel, my younger kids play their internet games on the old phones. Keeps the noise down inthe car and .nobody fights.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Off topic