UFL, Des Moines VS Wichita!

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Postby valleychamp » October 22nd, 2010, 10:46 am

..with an omaha twist!
http://www.ufl-football.com/news/omaha-influencing-expansion-plans
The commissioner specifically mentioned Des Moines, Iowa, and Wichita, Kan., as possible markets for future expansion. Both cities have metropolitan area populations slightly smaller than Omaha – each are between 550,000 and 600,000 residents - and both have existing facilities that could accommodate a UFL team. Wichita's Cessna Stadium holds just more than 31,000 fans while Des Moines has both Drake Stadium, home of the renowned Drake Relays, and Principal Park, a baseball stadium that is home to the Iowa Cubs, the Chicago Cubs' Triple-A affiliate.

Huyghue said a Midwest counterpart could provide a natural rival to Omaha while taking advantage of the football fervor found in that part of the country.

“Everyone is talking about (Omaha) in the other markets, and they only can say 'the people there just really love football,'” Commissioner Huyghue said. “But then, (Nighthawks fans) are supporting everything else, so it gives people a real appreciation for Omaha. It's a name all of our markets are speaking about when they really didn't know much about it at all.”
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UFL, Des Moines VS Wichita!

Postby MoValley John » October 22nd, 2010, 6:11 pm

Dammit! I knew I was missing something! I have yet to be to a game and really don't have any interest, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to jump on the bandwagon. Maybe I'll go next week if they're not sold out.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Off topic