Long term effects of COVID on attendance

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Re: Long term effects of COVID on attendance

Postby bleach » February 4th, 2022, 7:07 am

While I was posting the requirements for informational purposes and to keep people from spending money they might be upset about and not to say how dare they, I have from day one been amazed at how easily the masses have simply said "OK, i'll stop living my life". There is a big difference in being alive and living. I never stopped living and won't. There simply is a part of me that can't participate in the fear of living.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TBS_20 » February 4th, 2022, 8:22 am

It's not just Covid. Times are changing. Everything is available in the living room. This means they have to entice people to come out. That's exactly what we're seeing with the new Baylor basketball arena and the new San Diego State football stadium. Fans want to mingle and have an all inclusive experience. The St. Louis Cardinals were ahead of the game when they built the new Busch. Tons of common areas. The Cubs basically rebuilt Wrigley with a lot of clubs, too. It's trickling down. UNC has plans to do the same with the Dean Smith Dome. A complete inside renovation that reduces capacity significantly but with more amenities. Attendance isn't just due to Covid. The trend started 10 years before Covid were just really seeing the impact now.
TBS_20
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mvfcfan » February 4th, 2022, 6:51 pm

I won't spend my money anywhere that requires vax proof or a negative test. I also will no longer spend my money at any sporting event, concert, etc, that requires (and actually enforces) masks to be worn while in my seat.

I'm planning on going to the OVC Tournament in Evansville and watch Murray and Belmont. Then Sunday I'm just going to watch the MVC Title game on TV. I'm not wasting my time to go to St Louis just to be made miserable by all their crazy rules. Hopefully by 2023 St Louis will finally join the rest of Missouri and start being sane again.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Mulefodder » February 5th, 2022, 9:48 am

mvfcfan wrote:I won't spend my money anywhere that requires vax proof or a negative test. I also will no longer spend my money at any sporting event, concert, etc, that requires (and actually enforces) masks to be worn while in my seat.

I'm planning on going to the OVC Tournament in Evansville and watch Murray and Belmont. Then Sunday I'm just going to watch the MVC Title game on TV. I'm not wasting my time to go to St Louis just to be made miserable by all their crazy rules. Hopefully by 2023 St Louis will finally join the rest of Missouri and start being sane again.

let me do some guessin r u one them sciece guys and doctor and you know more than most folk and do u wear a seat belt in car or stop at a red lites or you say no to those safe stuff to and i bet u got the polio vaccine measles chicken pox or u did not go to school dont be dumb get that there jab
2 cows were playn cards and smokin weed
the steaks were high :)
Mulefodder
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby mvfcfan » February 5th, 2022, 11:14 am

Mulefodder wrote:
mvfcfan wrote:I won't spend my money anywhere that requires vax proof or a negative test. I also will no longer spend my money at any sporting event, concert, etc, that requires (and actually enforces) masks to be worn while in my seat.

let me do some guessin r u one them sciece guys and doctor and you know more than most folk and do u wear a seat belt in car or stop at a red lites or you say no to those safe stuff to and i bet u got the polio vaccine measles chicken pox or u did not go to school dont be dumb get that there jab

I can at least spell and write in complete sentences. I honestly have no idea what half of your post is even supposed to mean. I'm also not sure what vaccines I took as a child, since those were kind of up to my parents, but the only vaccine I keep up to date as an adult is the Tdap, which is good for 10 years.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 05Racer » February 5th, 2022, 11:46 am

mvfcfan wrote:
Mulefodder wrote:

I can at least spell and write in complete sentences. I honestly have no idea what half of your post is even supposed to mean. I'm also not sure what vaccines I took as a child, since those were kind of up to my parents, but the only vaccine I keep up to date as an adult is the Tdap, which is good for 10 years.

Don't feed the trolls
05Racer
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby acecard1 » February 5th, 2022, 12:07 pm

mvfcfan wrote:
Mulefodder wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Mulefodder isn't as stupid as he is trying to make us believe.
acecard1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Action10 » February 5th, 2022, 12:42 pm

Sounds like you are standing up for what you believe in and I respect that a ton.
I will ask though... If a fish protests water, does it hurt the fish or the water worse?
Action10
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mvfcfan » February 5th, 2022, 3:00 pm

Action10 wrote:

Sounds like you are standing up for what you believe in and I respect that a ton.
I will ask though... If a fish protests water, does it hurt the fish or the water worse?

To answer your analogy I would say that as someone that would be spending money at the arena and throughout the city (or general area) at restaurants, hotels, etc, that I would be hurting them far greater than they would be hurting me. Note that I am still getting my basketball and spending money in a different city (Evansville).

As far as I'm concerned I work hard for my money and when I go to spend my money on entertainment, I'm not going to spend it places that try to make my life miserable with vax mandates, negative tests, mask police, etc. I've been to St Louis 6 years in a row and that will end this year. Last year I wasn't going to go at all, but I was talked into going to the championship game. Had a very lousy time to be completely honest. I literally pulled my mask down to boo a ref and some cop was up in my face about it within 15 seconds. Until that place is 100% back to normal I won't be back. I can live without physically going to Arch Madness and the championship game is free to watch on TV anyways. I can save the 6 hours total of driving and do something more productive with my time.

I'm also pretty confident that attendance will be lousy for Arch Madness this year. A lot of folks out there just aren't going to want to deal with the hassle. Eventually the arena and/or the city of StL will have to change their policy unless they just enjoy losing money. So in my view we're the water and they're the fish, because without us they don't make a profit.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Action10 » February 5th, 2022, 3:29 pm

mvfcfan wrote:To answer your analogy I would say that as someone that would be spending money at the arena and throughout the city (or general area) at restaurants, hotels, etc, that I would be hurting them far greater than they would be hurting me. Note that I am still getting my basketball and spending money in a different city (Evansville).

As far as I'm concerned I work hard for my money and when I go to spend my money on entertainment, I'm not going to spend it places that try to make my life miserable with vax mandates, negative tests, mask police, etc. I've been to St Louis 6 years in a row and that will end this year. Last year I wasn't going to go at all, but I was talked into going to the championship game. Had a very lousy time to be completely honest. I literally pulled my mask down to boo a ref and some cop was up in my face about it within 15 seconds. Until that place is 100% back to normal I won't be back. I can live without physically going to Arch Madness and the championship game is free to watch on TV anyways. I can save the 6 hours total of driving and do something more productive with my time.

I'm also pretty confident that attendance will be lousy for Arch Madness this year. A lot of folks out there just aren't going to want to deal with the hassle. Eventually the arena and/or the city of StL will have to change their policy unless they just enjoy losing money. So in my view we're the water and they're the fish, because without us they don't make a profit.

Totally fair and I still respect you a ton for standing up for what you think is right.
I just ask that you give the league and St. Louis a chance. I don't think last year (in the midst of a global pandemic) is the best way to judge Arch Madness. The NCAA didn't allow fans period until the Sweet 16 if memory serves me.
What did the OVC do last year for their final in regards to masks and fans? I'm not sure if it was any different, just asking.
Action10
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic