Man v Food Des Moines

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Man v Food Des Moines

Postby DUBulldog » August 19th, 2010, 4:54 pm

I don't know how many of you watch the show, but Man v Food filmed in Des Moines earlier this week. The show will air on October 6. There's even an MVC basketball connection. The challenge was for Adam Richman to eat a sandwich called the "Adam Emmenecker" at a Drake area BBQ place called Jethro's. Sandwich is about 5 pounds, plus over a pound of fries.....to beat the challenge, you need to finish in 15 minutes or less.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Man v Food Des Moines

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Man v Food Des Moines

Postby pantherrob82 » August 19th, 2010, 6:41 pm

DUBulldog wrote:I don't know how many of you watch the show, but Man v Food filmed in Des Moines earlier this week. The show will air on October 6. There's even an MVC basketball connection. The challenge was for Adam Richman to eat a sandwich called the "Adam Emmenecker" at a Drake area BBQ place called Jethro's. Sandwich is about 5 pounds, plus over a pound of fries.....to beat the challenge, you need to finish in 15 minutes or less.

I moved to the Quad Cities and there's a place here called Dr. Gyro's. They have a Mt. Olympus challenge. It's a pita the size of a large pizza, 5 lbs of gyro meat, some fries and some baklava. You have 45 mins. Last time I was there no one had finished it yet. It's like $32.
pantherrob82
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby GoCatz » August 25th, 2010, 1:35 pm

A little off topic, but a former UNI baseball player (well before the team was dropped) was selected to appear on Man vs. Wild airing on September 8th.
GoCatz
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby DUBulldog » August 25th, 2010, 5:54 pm

DUBulldog wrote:I don't know how many of you watch the show, but Man v Food filmed in Des Moines earlier this week. The show will air on October 6. There's even an MVC basketball connection. The challenge was for Adam Richman to eat a sandwich called the "Adam Emmenecker" at a Drake area BBQ place called Jethro's. Sandwich is about 5 pounds, plus over a pound of fries.....to beat the challenge, you need to finish in 15 minutes or less.

Apparently, Adam Emmenecker will be appearing on the show.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DUBulldog » October 6th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Adam Richman failed in his attempt to eat the Adam Emmenecker sandwich in 15 minutes. He had about 2 pounds of food left on his plate. Both Emmenecker and Brent Heemskerk had speaking parts on the show.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Off topic