Angry birds

Discussion unrelated to Missouri Valley Conference sports

Angry birds

Postby bigdawg » February 21st, 2011, 9:50 am

Totally addictive stupid little game. Great to play while traveling and sitting in an airport. Anyone have any other apps that are good time killers?
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Angry birds

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Angry birds

Postby Unsmooth Moment » April 10th, 2011, 12:15 am

X Construct and Fruit Ninja's
Unsmooth Moment
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SubGod22 » April 11th, 2011, 3:32 pm

I've heard others talk about Words with Friends. I think that's what it was called anyway.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » April 11th, 2011, 4:08 pm

[quote="SubGod22"]I've heard others talk about Words with Friends. I think that's what it was called anyway.[/quote]

Words with Friends is good. if you are into Scrabble, WordFeud is awesome. To pass time, I have the Epic Fail app. It simply I used to play Angry Birds, it was addictive but I got bored with it. I currently have angry Birds Rio, but I don't play it, my four year-old does. Robo Defense can be fun as well. I don't pay for premium games because there is so much free stuff out there, you just need to be a little careful with what you download.

I have an older phone, an original Motorola Doid. I have been eligible for an upgrade for over a year but I'm still waiting as I heard there will be major updates and advancements with the new phones released this fall. Major upgrades. In the mean time, I rooted my device, overclocked with a Chevy1 Kernal overclocked to 1.3 ghz and am operating with the Simply Stunning 5.2 ROM. SS 5.2 is supposed to be a clone of the yet to be released Gingerbread ROM. All in all, my old Droid doesn't have the FM tuner and a few bells and whistles that my wife's Samsung Fascinate has, but with the overclock and the SS ROM, it actually runs faster and smoother than hers, plus the animations are really cool!

Anyone that has an older Android phone and hasn't rooted, I would highly recommend it. It was scary at first, but you really can't ruin the phone and you open up so many options. Plus, you don't have to be all that tech savvy to do it. Follow instructions, be patient and boom! you have a new and better phone!!!

I used to have an iPhone 3, but I probably will never go back to iPhone. Not absolutely, but probably. Android is just as easy, even unrooted, allows for far more customization and are faster. I am also partial to the open source concept. I'm done with Apple's cult branding, selling their customers a belief that they are cooler with Apple, with each purchase, forcing future choices on their the consumer. Android works better, is simpler and I make the choice in what I want.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby JJ Clamdip » April 17th, 2011, 5:56 am

I used to have an iPhone 3, but I probably will never go back to iPhone.

After years of Blackberry use I moved to an iPhone 4 a week ago Friday.

After five days of use I took it back and returned to the Blackberry fold.

I guess I am to old and just really not cool enough to use the iPhone.
JJ Clamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby uniftw » April 17th, 2011, 4:54 pm

JJ Clamdip wrote:

I've had two Blackberry phones (both Curves but different models), and will have my current Blackberry for a couple more months (until I can get a new phone with my US Cellular Belief Points). I can't wait to get rid of the damn thing. I'm sick of the crappy internet browser, lack of apps that I like, sick of the interface, and well...everything in general.

I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen and love almost everything about it, except the lack of customization of the OS unless I jailbreak it. I don't mind jail-breaking it, but I had having to re-jailbreak it every time I tether it...apparently the newest OS update doesn't have an untethered jailbreak yet.

My wife has the HTC Desire with the 2.2 update and I love it. I wish the screen was the size of the Mesmerize, but it isn't "my phone" so that doesn't matter as my wife likes the size more than the Mesmerize. When I upgrade in 4 or 5 months I will be going with an Android, probably the Mesmerize...unless there is a "better" phone out by that time.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » April 18th, 2011, 12:13 pm

uniftw wrote:
JJ Clamdip wrote:

I've had two Blackberry phones (both Curves but different models), and will have my current Blackberry for a couple more months (until I can get a new phone with my US Cellular Belief Points). I can't wait to get rid of the damn thing. I'm sick of the crappy internet browser, lack of apps that I like, sick of the interface, and well...everything in general.

I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen and love almost everything about it, except the lack of customization of the OS unless I jailbreak it. I don't mind jail-breaking it, but I had having to re-jailbreak it every time I tether it...apparently the newest OS update doesn't have an untethered jailbreak yet.

My wife has the HTC Desire with the 2.2 update and I love it. I wish the screen was the size of the Mesmerize, but it isn't "my phone" so that doesn't matter as my wife likes the size more than the Mesmerize. When I upgrade in 4 or 5 months I will be going with an Android, probably the Mesmerize...unless there is a "better" phone out by that time.
I get to upgrade in the fall and am also looking into a Droid. I'll do more research when it gets closer as I'm told there will be a number of new phones/features between now and then.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » April 18th, 2011, 12:26 pm

uniftw wrote:My wife has the HTC Desire with the 2.2 update and I love it. I wish the screen was the size of the Mesmerize, but it isn't "my phone" so that doesn't matter as my wife likes the size more than the Mesmerize. When I upgrade in 4 or 5 months I will be going with an Android, probably the Mesmerize...unless there is a "better" phone out by that time.

I've had this phone since it first came out last fall, and I really like it. I've converted several of my friends from iPhones to Droid.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » April 18th, 2011, 7:02 pm

There are going to be a bunch of new Android phones released in the late summer or early fall. Verizon has released a new phone and it was tempting, but the really good stuff is supposed to come out shortly after Gingerbread is released.

The really cool phone from Verizon is the HTC Thunderbolt. It is awesome! Fast, sleek, tons of features, I am really tempted. But the phone lacks an HDMI and I am also holding out for the new Gingerbreads. I hate to sound like I'm on a soapbox, but I really, really love Android phones.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 19th, 2011, 2:55 pm

I would love to wait until fall for a new phone, but I really do hate my Blackberry the much.

Plus US Cellular - while GREAT customer service and plans - is notorious for being slow on getting "new" phones in.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Off topic