Illinois State commitments

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Illinois State commitments

Postby isuredbirds92 » April 22nd, 2013, 12:11 am

Unfortunately, yes that is about what we were paying him I believe. Somewhere around $300,000. I was sad to see him go, he was doing good things for the program. What hurt a lot of people is that he took Nic Moore with him.
isuredbirds92
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mvcfan » April 22nd, 2013, 11:59 am

isuredbirds92 wrote:Unfortunately, yes that is about what we were paying him I believe. Somewhere around $300,000. I was sad to see him go, he was doing good things for the program. What hurt a lot of people is that he took Nic Moore with him.

Well if Muller pans out and does good things ( I see your optimism in your comments), he won't be kept either with that kind of money.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby IllinoisState » April 22nd, 2013, 12:54 pm

isuredbirds92 wrote:Unfortunately, yes that is about what we were paying him I believe. Somewhere around $300,000. I was sad to see him go, he was doing good things for the program. What hurt a lot of people is that he took Nic Moore with him.

I remember reading an article that stated that Nic Moore wanted to play for a BCS team and that's why he transferred to SMU. It didn't make any sense.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » April 22nd, 2013, 5:23 pm

IllinoisState wrote:

I remember reading an article that stated that Nic Moore wanted to play for a BCS team and that's why he transferred to SMU. It didn't make any sense.

SMU was supposed to be going to the Big East (although I'm not sure that it was known at the time he announced SMU as his school). As it is now they are in the left over/left out group in the AAC.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby IllinoisState » April 22nd, 2013, 8:35 pm

Wufan wrote:
IllinoisState wrote:

SMU was supposed to be going to the Big East (although I'm not sure that it was known at the time he announced SMU as his school). As it is now they are in the left over/left out group in the AAC.

It was obvious that he just wanted to go there for Jankovich. His reasons didn't really work.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting