Shocks get 2011 combo guard

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby RoyalShock » April 25th, 2011, 1:59 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/NextLevelRecrut/s ... 4911511552

NextLevelRecruiting: Ron Baker, 6'4" 200lb combo guard from Scott City, KS commits to Wichita State. Shox fans are gonna love this kid!

He's going to redshirt as a non-scholarship player next year, then go on scholarship the following year.

Speculation, along with some confirming rumors, is that this keeps a spot open for 6-10 center Gabe Olaseni (Sunrise Christian Academy, just outside of Wichita and teammate of highly recruited Erik Katenda) who is announcing his decision Tuesday afternoon. It's been assumed Iowa was his leader with Oklahoma possibly there, too. He "quietly" visited WSU last week.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Shocks get 2011 combo guard

Postby SubGod22 » April 25th, 2011, 2:38 pm

This kid is a shooter! My brother worked one of his state tournament games this year and came away quite impressed. Great range. And from what I hear he's a hard worker with a high basketball IQ and could be a nice contributor in a few years. He had some lower offers but many feel because of his lack of exposure in Western Kansas may have contributed to that. Who knows really, but getting him to walk on is a good deal. Especially considering who we've surrounded him with in this class. I like the way this has set up.

And Gabe is a done deal. Too many things have happened for it not to be the case. I'm stoked.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » April 25th, 2011, 3:17 pm

Haven't seen Sunrise play but 6 guys over 6"5", 4 over 6"7". Hard to believe they lost a game.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ictjay » April 25th, 2011, 4:09 pm

SubGod22 wrote:This kid is a shooter! My brother worked one of his state tournament games this year and came away quite impressed. Great range. And from what I hear he's a hard worker with a high basketball IQ and could be a nice contributor in a few years. He had some lower offers but many feel because of his lack of exposure in Western Kansas may have contributed to that. Who knows really, but getting him to walk on is a good deal. Especially considering who we've surrounded him with in this class. I like the way this has set up.

And Gabe is a done deal. Too many things have happened for it not to be the case. I'm stoked.

Oops! Know the feeling. I too get wrapped up in all the recruiting and its waaaaay too many high's and lows for me to handle. I need to stay away from recruiting boards.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » April 27th, 2011, 11:51 am

SubGod22 wrote:And Gabe is a done deal. Too many things have happened for it not to be the case. I'm stoked.

Gabe Olaseni signed with Iowa.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SubGod22 » April 27th, 2011, 12:12 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:And Gabe is a done deal. Too many things have happened for it not to be the case. I'm stoked.

Gabe Olaseni signed with Iowa.

Fair enough. Reliable sources said someone was to sign yesterday and yet we've heard nothing. Recent commit Baker also said the 'ship was going to be used for a 6'8" PF. Not sure when we'll hear now but I can't imagine it'll be much longer.

On a side note, Gabe must have no problem with losing.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » April 27th, 2011, 1:10 pm

If I have learned one thing in life, never say it a "done deal" when it ain't, because 9 time out of 10 it comes back to bite you in the behind.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting